A supplement to the EPQ with partial backordering and phase-dependent backordering rate
In this note, we extend Pentico et al. (2011)'s  EPQ model where the authors considered two different backordering rates during shortage period; they assumed the backordering rate increases only from the start of production phase. We propose two models that allow the backordering rate to increase anytime during the production phase, and thus provide more flexibility for decision-makers to vary the backordering rate.
Volume (Year): 40 (2012)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/375/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pentico, David W. & Drake, Matthew J. & Toews, Carl, 2009. "The deterministic EPQ with partial backordering: A new approach," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 624-636, June.
- Toews, Carl & Pentico, David W. & Drake, Matthew J., 2011. "The deterministic EOQ and EPQ with partial backordering at a rate that is linearly dependent on the time to delivery," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 131(2), pages 643-649, June.
- Zhang, Ren-qian, 2009. "A note on the deterministic EPQ with partial backordering," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 37(5), pages 1036-1038, October.
- Pentico, David W. & Drake, Matthew J., 2011. "A survey of deterministic models for the EOQ and EPQ with partial backordering," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 214(2), pages 179-198, October.
- Pentico, David W. & Drake, Matthew J. & Toews, Carl, 2011. "The EPQ with partial backordering and phase-dependent backordering rate," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 39(5), pages 574-577, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jomega:v:40:y:2012:i:3:p:264-266. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.