The EPQ with partial backordering and phase-dependent backordering rate
In previous work we established a closed-form optimal stocking strategy for an EPQ model with partial backordering at a constant rate [beta]. Here we extend this work to allow for the possibility that the percentage of demand backordered will increase when production starts again. We show how our previous model can be adapted to find the optimal decision variable values for this new assumption and develop the condition that the initial value of [beta] must meet for partial backordering to be optimal.
Volume (Year): 39 (2011)
Issue (Month): 5 (October)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/375/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- L. A. San José & J. Sicilia & J. García-Laguna, 2005. "An Inventory System With Partial Backlogging Modeled According To A Linear Function," Asia-Pacific Journal of Operational Research (APJOR), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 22(02), pages 189-209.
- Pentico, David W. & Drake, Matthew J. & Toews, Carl, 2009. "The deterministic EPQ with partial backordering: A new approach," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 624-636, June.
- San José, L.A. & Sicilia, J. & Garcia-Laguna, J., 2006. "Analysis of an inventory system with exponential partial backordering," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 100(1), pages 76-86, March.
- P. L. Abad, 1996. "Optimal Pricing and Lot-Sizing Under Conditions of Perishability and Partial Backordering," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 42(8), pages 1093-1104, August.
- Zhang, Ren-qian, 2009. "A note on the deterministic EPQ with partial backordering," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 37(5), pages 1036-1038, October.
- Pentico, David W. & Drake, Matthew J., 2009. "The deterministic EOQ with partial backordering: A new approach," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 194(1), pages 102-113, April.
- Abad, P. L., 2003. "Optimal pricing and lot-sizing under conditions of perishability, finite production and partial backordering and lost sale," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 144(3), pages 677-685, February.
- Abad, Prakash L., 2008. "Optimal price and order size under partial backordering incorporating shortage, backorder and lost sale costs," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 114(1), pages 179-186, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jomega:v:39:y:2011:i:5:p:574-577. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.