A note on "The EPQ with partial backordering and phase-dependent backordering rate"
Pentico et al. [The EPQ with partial backordering and phase-dependent backordering rate. Omega 2011;39(5):574-7] recently proposed an EPQ model with partial backordering. They tried to determine the minimum average total cost per year from the three cases: to lose all sales, to meet all demand, and to allow stockouts with partial backordering. In this paper, we solve the same model without differential calculus and present a different decision procedure. Without the comparison of those costs, a numerical example is illustrated to determine the optimal production policy by our criteria.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 40 (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/375/description#description |
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Zhang, Ren-qian, 2009. "A note on the deterministic EPQ with partial backordering," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 37(5), pages 1036-1038, October.
- Keren, Baruch, 2009. "The single-period inventory problem: Extension to random yield from the perspective of the supply chain," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 801-810, August.
- Pentico, David W. & Drake, Matthew J. & Toews, Carl, 2011. "The EPQ with partial backordering and phase-dependent backordering rate," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 39(5), pages 574-577, October.
- Pentico, David W. & Drake, Matthew J., 2009. "The deterministic EOQ with partial backordering: A new approach," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 194(1), pages 102-113, April.
- Kevork, Ilias S., 2010. "Estimating the optimal order quantity and the maximum expected profit for single-period inventory decisions," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 38(3-4), pages 218-227, June.
- Hsieh, Ying-Jiun, 2011. "Demand switching criteria for multiple products: An inventory cost analysis," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 130-137, April.
- Pentico, David W. & Drake, Matthew J. & Toews, Carl, 2009. "The deterministic EPQ with partial backordering: A new approach," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 624-636, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jomega:v:40:y:2012:i:1:p:131-133. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.