The deterministic EOQ and EPQ with partial backordering at a rate that is linearly dependent on the time to delivery
Our original models for the EOQ and EPQ with partial backordering assumed that the backordering rate, [beta], is a constant. In this paper we extend those models to allow [beta] to increase linearly as the time until delivery decreases. We show how those previous models can be adapted to find the optimal decision variable values for this new assumption and develop, for each model type, a condition that the initial value of [beta] must meet for partial backordering to be optimal.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- L. A. San José & J. Sicilia & J. García-Laguna, 2005. "An Inventory System With Partial Backlogging Modeled According To A Linear Function," Asia-Pacific Journal of Operational Research (APJOR), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 22(02), pages 189-209.
- Borgonovo, E. & Peccati, L., 2007. "Global sensitivity analysis in inventory management," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 108(1-2), pages 302-313, July.
- Yang, Gino K., 2007. "Note on sensitivity analysis of inventory model with partial backorders," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 177(2), pages 865-871, March.
- P. L. Abad, 1996. "Optimal Pricing and Lot-Sizing Under Conditions of Perishability and Partial Backordering," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 42(8), pages 1093-1104, August.
- Skouri, K. & Papachristos, S., 2003. "Optimal stopping and restarting production times for an EOQ model with deteriorating items and time-dependent partial backlogging," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 81(1), pages 525-531, January.
- Pentico, David W. & Drake, Matthew J. & Toews, Carl, 2011. "The EPQ with partial backordering and phase-dependent backordering rate," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 39(5), pages 574-577, October.
- Chu, Peter & Chung, Kun-Jen, 2004. "The sensitivity of the inventory model with partial backorders," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 152(1), pages 289-295, January.
- Abad, P. L., 2003. "Optimal pricing and lot-sizing under conditions of perishability, finite production and partial backordering and lost sale," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 144(3), pages 677-685, February.
- Pentico, David W. & Drake, Matthew J., 2009. "The deterministic EOQ with partial backordering: A new approach," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 194(1), pages 102-113, April.
- San José, L.A. & Sicilia, J. & Garcia-Laguna, J., 2006. "Analysis of an inventory system with exponential partial backordering," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 100(1), pages 76-86, March.
- Zhang, Ren-qian, 2009. "A note on the deterministic EPQ with partial backordering," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 37(5), pages 1036-1038, October.
- Borgonovo, E., 2008. "Differential importance and comparative statics: An application to inventory management," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 111(1), pages 170-179, January.
- Pentico, David W. & Drake, Matthew J. & Toews, Carl, 2009. "The deterministic EPQ with partial backordering: A new approach," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 624-636, June.
- Abad, Prakash L., 2008. "Optimal price and order size under partial backordering incorporating shortage, backorder and lost sale costs," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 114(1), pages 179-186, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:proeco:v:131:y:2011:i:2:p:643-649. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.