The efficacy of using judgmental versus quantitative forecasting methods in practice
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Dalrymple, Douglas J., 1975. "Sales forecasting methods and accuracy," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 18(6), pages 69-73, December.
- Mady, M. Tawfik, 2000. "Sales forecasting practices of Egyptian public enterprises: survey evidence," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 359-368.
- Fok, Dennis & Franses, Philip Hans, 2001.
"Forecasting market shares from models for sales,"
International Journal of Forecasting,
Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 121-128.
- Fok, D. & Franses, Ph.H.B.F., 2000. "Forecasting Market Shares from Models for Sales," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2000-03-MKT, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Abramson, Bruce & Finizza, Anthony, 1991. "Using belief networks to forecast oil prices," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 299-315, November.
- Lawrence, Michael, 2000. "What does it take to achieve adoption in sales forecasting?," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 147-148.
- Adya, Monica & Armstrong, J. Scott & Collopy, Fred & Kennedy, Miles, 2000. "An application of rule-based forecasting to a situation lacking domain knowledge," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 477-484.
- Lim, Joa Sang & O'Connor, Marcus, 1996. "Judgmental forecasting with time series and causal information," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 139-153, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:intfor:v:34:y:2018:i:2:p:163-180 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:proeco:v:191:y:2017:i:c:p:85-96 is not listed on IDEAS
- Balakrishnan, Jaydeep & Hung Cheng, Chun, 2009. "The dynamic plant layout problem: Incorporating rolling horizons and forecast uncertainty," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 165-177, February.
- Leitner, Johannes & Leopold-Wildburger, Ulrike, 2011. "Experiments on forecasting behavior with several sources of information - A review of the literature," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 213(3), pages 459-469, September.
- Danese, Pamela & Kalchschmidt, Matteo, 2011. "The role of the forecasting process in improving forecast accuracy and operational performance," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 131(1), pages 204-214, May.
- repec:wsi:ijitdm:v:17:y:2018:i:02:n:s0219622017500456 is not listed on IDEAS
- Syntetos, Aris A. & Kholidasari, Inna & Naim, Mohamed M., 2016. "The effects of integrating management judgement into OUT levels: In or out of context?," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 249(3), pages 853-863.
- Eksoz, Can & Mansouri, S. Afshin & Bourlakis, Michael, 2014. "Collaborative forecasting in the food supply chain: A conceptual framework," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 158(C), pages 120-135.
- Sinan Gönül & Dilek Önkal & Paul Goodwin, 2009. "Expectations, use and judgmental adjustment of external financial and economic forecasts: an empirical investigation," Journal of Forecasting, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 28(1), pages 19-37.
- Violetta Bacon-Gerasymenko & Russell Coff & Rodolphe Durand, 2016. "Taking a Second Look in a Warped Crystal Ball: Explaining the Accuracy of Revised Forecasts," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 53(8), pages 1292-1319, December.
- Danese, Pamela & Kalchschmidt, Matteo, 2011. "The impact of forecasting on companies' performance: Analysis in a multivariate setting," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 133(1), pages 458-469, September.
- Thomson, Mary E. & Pollock, Andrew C. & Gönül, M. Sinan & Önkal, Dilek, 2013. "Effects of trend strength and direction on performance and consistency in judgmental exchange rate forecasting," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 337-353.
- Alvarado-Valencia, Jorge & Barrero, Lope H. & Önkal, Dilek & Dennerlein, Jack T., 2017. "Expertise, credibility of system forecasts and integration methods in judgmental demand forecasting," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 298-313.
- repec:eee:ejores:v:264:y:2018:i:2:p:558-569 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bacchetti, Andrea & Saccani, Nicola, 2012. "Spare parts classification and demand forecasting for stock control: Investigating the gap between research and practice," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 40(6), pages 722-737.
- Anqiang Huang & Han Qiao & Shouyang Wang & John Liu, 2016. "Improving Forecasting Performance by Exploiting Expert Knowledge: Evidence from Guangzhou Port," International Journal of Information Technology & Decision Making (IJITDM), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 15(02), pages 387-401, March.
- Konstantinos Nikolopoulos, 2010. "Forecasting with quantitative methods: the impact of special events in time series," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(8), pages 947-955.
- Brent Moritz & Enno Siemsen & Mirko Kremer, 2014. "Judgmental Forecasting: Cognitive Reflection and Decision Speed," Production and Operations Management, Production and Operations Management Society, vol. 23(7), pages 1146-1160, July.
- Mostard, Julien & Teunter, Ruud & de Koster, René, 2011. "Forecasting demand for single-period products: A case study in the apparel industry," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 211(1), pages 139-147, May.
- Mirko Kremer & Brent Moritz & Enno Siemsen, 2011. "Demand Forecasting Behavior: System Neglect and Change Detection," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 57(10), pages 1827-1843, October.
- Lawrence, Michael & Goodwin, Paul & O'Connor, Marcus & Onkal, Dilek, 2006. "Judgmental forecasting: A review of progress over the last 25 years," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 493-518.
More about this item
KeywordsForecasting Judgmental methods Quantitative methods Empirical research;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jomega:v:31:y:2003:i:6:p:511-522. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/375/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.