Detecting errors in data: clarification of the impact of base rate expectations and incentives
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Donald P. Ballou & Harold L. Pazer, 1985. "Modeling Data and Process Quality in Multi-Input, Multi-Output Information Systems," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 31(2), pages 150-162, February.
- David M. Grether, 1980. "Bayes Rule as a Descriptive Model: The Representativeness Heuristic," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 95(3), pages 537-557.
- Ballou, Donald P & Pazer, Harold L, 1987. "Cost/quality tradeoffs for control procedures in information systems," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 15(6), pages 509-521.
- Anil Gaba & Robert L. Winkler, 1992. "Implications of Errors in Survey Data: A Bayesian Model," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 38(7), pages 913-925, July.
- Donald P. Ballou & Harold L. Pazer, 1982. "The Impact of Inspector Fallibility on the Inspection Policy in Serial Production Systems," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 28(4), pages 387-399, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sundararaghavan, P.S. & Kunnathur, Anand & Fang, Xiao, 2010. "Sequencing questions to ferret out terrorists: Models and heuristics," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 38(1-2), pages 12-19, February.
- Stephan Leitner, 2014. "A simulation analysis of interactions among intended biases in costing systems and their effects on the accuracy of decision-influencing information," Central European Journal of Operations Research, Springer;Slovak Society for Operations Research;Hungarian Operational Research Society;Czech Society for Operations Research;Österr. Gesellschaft für Operations Research (ÖGOR);Slovenian Society Informatika - Section for Operational Research;Croatian Operational Research Society, vol. 22(1), pages 113-138, March.
More about this item
KeywordsEnd-user computing Data quality Error detection;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jomega:v:29:y:2001:i:5:p:391-404. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/375/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.