Preference, projection, and packing: Support theory models of judgments of others' preferences
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Childers, Terry L & Rao, Akshay R, 1992. " The Influence of Familial and Peer-Based Reference Groups on Consumer Decisions," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(2), pages 198-211, September.
- Hoch, Stephen J, 1988. " Who Do We Know: Predicting the Interests and Opinions of the American Consumer," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 15(3), pages 315-324, December.
- Koehler, Derek J., 1996. "A Strength Model of Probability Judgments for Tournaments," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 66(1), pages 16-21, April.
- David Faro & Yuval Rottenstreich, 2006. "Affect, Empathy, and Regressive Mispredictions of Others' Preferences Under Risk," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 52(4), pages 529-541, April.
- West, Patricia M, 1996. " Predicting Preferences: An Examination of Agent Learning," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 23(1), pages 68-80, June.
- Bearden, William O & Etzel, Michael J, 1982. " Reference Group Influence on Product and Brand Purchase Decisions," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 9(2), pages 183-194, September.
- Dawes, Robyn M. & Mulford, Matthew, 1996. "The False Consensus Effect and Overconfidence: Flaws in Judgment or Flaws in How We Study Judgment?," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 65(3), pages 201-211, March.
- Tversky, Amos & Kahneman, Daniel, 1986. "Rational Choice and the Framing of Decisions," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 59(4), pages 251-278, October.
More about this item
KeywordsSocial prediction Social projection False consensus Probability judgment Support theory;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jobhdp:v:115:y:2011:i:1:p:121-132. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/obhdp .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.