Strong convergence of estimators in nonlinear autoregressive models
In the paper we prove rates of strong convergence of M-estimators for the parameters in a general nonlinear autoregressive model. In the proofs we utilize a variational principle from stochastic optimization theory which was proved by Shapiro (Ann. Oper. Res. 30 (1991) 169). The application of the general theory is illustrated in the case of continuous threshold models.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 84 (2003)
Issue (Month): 2 (February)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Potscher, Benedikt M. & Prucha, Ingmar R., 1986. "A class of partially adaptive one-step m-estimators for the non-linear regression model with dependent observations," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 219-251, July.
- Arcones, Miguel A., 1994. "Some strong limit theorems for M-estimators," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 53(2), pages 241-268, October.
- Liese, F. & Vajda, I., 1994. "Consistency of M-Estimates in General Regression Models," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 93-114, July.
- Liebscher, Eckhard, 1996. "Strong convergence of sums of [alpha]-mixing random variables with applications to density estimation," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 69-80, December.
- Tjøstheim, Dag, 1986. "Estimation in nonlinear time series models," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 251-273, February.
- Masry, Elias & Tjøstheim, Dag, 1995. "Nonparametric Estimation and Identification of Nonlinear ARCH Time Series Strong Convergence and Asymptotic Normality: Strong Convergence and Asymptotic Normality," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 11(02), pages 258-289, February.
- Koul, Hira L. & Zhu, Zhiwei, 1995. "Bahadur-Kiefer representations for GM-estimators in autoregression models," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 57(1), pages 167-189, May.
- Liebscher E., 2001. "Estimation Of The Density And The Regression Function Under Mixing Conditions," Statistics & Risk Modeling, De Gruyter, vol. 19(1), pages 9-26, January.
- Huang, Sun Young & Basawa, I. V., 1994. "Large sample inference based on multiple observations from nonlinear autoregressive processes," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 127-140, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jmvana:v:84:y:2003:i:2:p:247-261. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.