More Higher-Order Efficiency: Concentration Probability
Based on concentration probability of estimators about a true parameter, third-order asymptotic efficiency of the first-order bias-adjusted MLE within the class of first-order bias-adjusted estimators has been well established in a variety of probability models. In this paper we consider the class of second-order bias-adjusted Fisher consistent estimators of a structural parameter vector on the basis of an i.i.d. sample drawn from a curved exponential-type distribution, and study the asymptotic concentration probability, about a true parameter vector, of these estimators up to the fifth-order. In particular, (i) we show that third-order efficient estimators are always fourth-order efficient; (ii) a necessary and sufficient condition for fifth-order efficiency is provided; and finally (iii) the MLE is shown to be fifth-order efficient.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 67 (1998)
Issue (Month): 2 (November)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rao C. R. & Sinha Β. K. & Subramanyam K., 1982. "Third Order Efficiency Of The Maximum Likelihood Estimator In The Multinomial Distribution," Statistics & Risk Modeling, De Gruyter, vol. 1(1), pages 1-16, January.
- Takeuchi, Kei & Morimune, Kimio, 1985. "Third-Order Efficiency of the Extended Maximum Likelihood Estimators in a Simultaneous Equation System," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(1), pages 177-200, January.
- Yuzo Hosoya, 1990. "Information amount and higher-order efficiency in estimation," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer;The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, vol. 42(1), pages 37-49, March.
- Pfanzagl, J. & Wefelmeyer, W., 1978. "A third-order optimum property of the maximum likelihood estimator," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 1-29, March.
- Taniguchi, Masanobu, 1986. "Third order asymptotic properties of maximum likelihood estimators for Gaussian ARMA processes," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 1-31, February.
- Magnus, J.R. & Neudecker, H., 1985. "Matrix differential calculus with applications to simple, Hadamard, and Kronecker products," Other publications TiSEM 1b2f1740-bfd1-4ea5-986c-9, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jmvana:v:67:y:1998:i:2:p:349-366. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.