A Local Parameterization of Orthogonal and Semi-Orthogonal Matrices with Applications
This article describes a local parameterization of orthogonal and semi-orthogonal matrices. The parameterization leads to a unified approach for obtaining the asymptotic joint distributions of estimators of singular-values and -vectors, and of eigen-values and -vectors. The singular- or eigen-values can have arbitrary multiplicities. The approach is illustrated on principal components analyzes, canonical correlation analysis, inter-battery factory analysis, and reduced-rank regression.
Volume (Year): 67 (1998)
Issue (Month): 2 (November)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- James Steiger & Michael Browne, 1984. "The comparison of interdependent correlations between optimal linear composites," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 49(1), pages 11-24, March.
- Seo, T. & Kanda, T. & Fujikoshi, Y., 1995. "The Effects of Nonnormality of Tests for Dimensionality in Canonical Correlation and MANOVA Models," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 325-337, February.
- Chamberlain, Gary, 1982. "Multivariate regression models for panel data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 5-46, January.
- Kollo, T. & Neudecker, H., 1993. "Asymptotics of Eigenvalues and Unit-Length Eigenvectors of Sample Variance and Correlation Matrices," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 283-300, November.
- Eaton, M. L. & Tyler, D., 1994. "The Asymptotic Distribution of Singular-Values with Applications to Canonical Correlations and Correspondence Analysis," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 238-264, August.
- Fujikoshi, Yasunori, 1974. "The likelihood ratio tests for the dimensionality of regression coefficients," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 327-340, September.
- Douglas Clarkson & Robert Jennrich, 1988. "Quartic rotation criteria and algorithms," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 53(2), pages 251-259, June.
- Fang, C. & Krishnaiah, P. R., 1982. "Asymptotic distributions of functions of the eigenvalues of some random matrices for nonnormal populations," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 39-63, March.
- Izenman, Alan Julian, 1975. "Reduced-rank regression for the multivariate linear model," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 248-264, June.
- Magnus, J.R. & Neudecker, H., 1979. "The commutation matrix : Some properties and applications," Other publications TiSEM d0b1e779-7795-4676-ac98-1, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Ledyard Tucker, 1958. "An inter-battery method of factor analysis," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 23(2), pages 111-136, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jmvana:v:67:y:1998:i:2:p:244-276. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.