Multivariate versions of Bartlett’s formula
This paper quantifies the form of the asymptotic covariance matrix of the sample autocovariances in a multivariate stationary time series—the classic Bartlett formula. Such quantification is useful in many statistical inferences involving autocovariances. While joint asymptotic normality of the sample autocovariances is well-known in univariate settings, explicit forms of the asymptotic covariances have not been investigated in the general multivariate non-Gaussian case. We fill this gap by providing such an analysis, bookkeeping all skewness terms. Additionally, following a recent univariate paper by Francq and Zakoian, we consider linear processes driven by non-independent errors, a feature that permits consideration of multivariate GARCH processes.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 105 (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bénédicte Vidaillet & V. D'Estaintot & P. Abécassis, 2005. "Introduction," Post-Print hal-00287137, HAL.
- Christian Francq & Jean-Michel Zakoïan, 2009.
"Bartlett's formula for a general class of nonlinear processes,"
Journal of Time Series Analysis,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 30(4), pages 449-465, 07.
- Francq, Christian & Zakoian, Jean-Michel, 2009. "Bartlett's formula for a general class of non linear processes," MPRA Paper 13224, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Giraitis, Liudas & Kokoszka, Piotr & Leipus, Remigijus, 2000. "Stationary Arch Models: Dependence Structure And Central Limit Theorem," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 16(01), pages 3-22, February.
- Chanda, K. C., 1993. "Asymptotic Properties of Serial Covariances for Nonlinear Stationary Processes," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 163-171, October. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jmvana:v:105:y:2012:i:1:p:18-31. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.