Statistical inference for the index parameter in single-index models
In this paper, we are concerned with statistical inference for the index parameter in the single-index model . Based on the estimates obtained by the local linear method, we extend the generalized likelihood ratio test to the single-index model. We investigate the asymptotic behaviour of the proposed test and demonstrate that its limiting null distribution follows a [chi]2-distribution, with the scale constant and the number of degrees of freedom being independent of nuisance parameters or functions, which is called the Wilks phenomenon. A simulated example is used to illustrate the performance of the testing approach.
Volume (Year): 101 (2010)
Issue (Month): 4 (April)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fan, Jianqing & Jiang, Jiancheng, 2005. "Nonparametric Inferences for Additive Models," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 100, pages 890-907, September.
- Härdle, W.K. & Tsybakov, A.B., 1992.
"How sensitive are average derivatives?,"
1992-8, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Hardle, W. & Tsybakov, A.B., 1992. "How Sensitive are Average Derivatives?," Papers 9208, Tilburg - Center for Economic Research.
- Hardle, W. & Tsybakov, A., 1991. "How sensitive are average derivates ?," CORE Discussion Papers 1991044, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Jianqing Fan, 2004. "Generalised likelihood ratio tests for spectral density," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 91(1), pages 195-209, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jmvana:v:101:y:2010:i:4:p:1026-1041. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.