Economic Growth in the Perpetual-Youth Model: Implications of the Annuity Market and Demographics
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Stokey, Nancy L & Rebelo, Sergio, 1995. "Growth Effects of Flat-Rate Taxes," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 103(3), pages 519-550, June.
- Gilles Saint-Paul, 1992. "Fiscal Policy in an Endogenous Growth Model," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, pages 1243-1259.
- Ehrlich, Isaac & Lui, Francis T, 1991. "Intergenerational Trade, Longevity, and Economic Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(5), pages 1029-1059, October.
- Xie Danyang, 1994.
"Divergence in Economic Performance: Transitional Dynamics with Multiple Equilibria,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 97-112, June.
- Danyang Xie, 2002. "Divergence in Economic Performance: Transitional Dynamics with Multiple Equilibria," GE, Growth, Math methods 0210002, EconWPA.
- Cutler, D.M. & Poterba, J.M. & Sheiner, L.M. & Summers, L.H., 1990. "An Aging Society: Opportunity Or Challenge," Working papers 553, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- David M. Cutler & James M. Poterba & Louise M. Sheiner & Lawrence H. Summers, 1990. "An Aging Society: Opportunity or Challenge?," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 21(1), pages 1-74.
- Pagano, Marco, 1993. "Financial markets and growth: An overview," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 37(2-3), pages 613-622, April.
- Blanchard, Olivier J, 1985. "Debt, Deficits, and Finite Horizons," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 93(2), pages 223-247, April.
- Hu, Sheng-Cheng, 1995. "Demographics, Productivity Growth and the Macroeconomic Equilibrium," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 33(4), pages 592-610, October.
- repec:fth:harver:1490 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1988. "On the mechanics of economic development," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 3-42, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Echevarría Olave, Cruz Ángel & Iza Padilla, María Amaya, 2005. "Life Expectancy, Human Capital, Social Security and Growth," DFAEII Working Papers 2005-17, University of the Basque Country - Department of Foundations of Economic Analysis II.
- dʼAlbis, Hippolyte & Lau, Sau-Him Paul & Sánchez-Romero, Miguel, 2012.
"Mortality transition and differential incentives for early retirement,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 147(1), pages 261-283.
- d'Albis, Hippolyte & Lau, Paul & Sanchez-Romero, Miguel, 2010. "Mortality transition and differential incentives for early retirement," LERNA Working Papers 10.21.327, LERNA, University of Toulouse.
- Hippolyte D'Albis & Paul Lau Sau-Him & Miguel Sanchez-Romero, 2012. "Mortality transition and differential incentives for early retirement," PSE - Labex "OSE-Ouvrir la Science Economique" hal-00659868, HAL.
- Sánchez-Romero, Miguel & d׳Albis, Hippolyte & Prskawetz, Alexia, 2016.
"Education, lifetime labor supply, and longevity improvements,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, pages 118-141.
- Fürnkranz-Prskawetz, Alexia & Sanchez-Romero, Miguel & d'Albis, Hippolyte, 2015. "Education, lifetime labor supply, and longevity improvements," Annual Conference 2015 (Muenster): Economic Development - Theory and Policy 112937, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Miguel Sanchez-Romero & Hippolyte D'Albis & Alexia Prskawetz, 2016. "Education, lifetime labor supply, and longevity improvements," Post-Print halshs-01524869, HAL.
- Sanchez-Romero, Miguel & d'Albis, Hippolyte & Fürnkranz-Prskawetz, Alexia, 2016. "Education, lifetime labor supply, and longevity improvements," ECON WPS - Vienna University of Technology Working Papers in Economic Theory and Policy 06/2016, Vienna University of Technology, Institute for Mathematical Methods in Economics, Research Group Economics (ECON).
- Echevarria, Cruz A. & Iza, Amaia, 2006.
"Life expectancy, human capital, social security and growth,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, pages 2323-2349.
- CREMER, Helmuth & GAHVARI, Firouz & PESTIEAU, Pierre, "undated". "Pensions with endogenous and stochastic fertility," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1928, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Cremer, Helmuth & Gahvari, Firouz & Pestieau, Pierre, 2004. "Pensions with Endogenous and Stochastic Fertility," IDEI Working Papers 305, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- CREMER, Helmuth & PESTIEAU, Pierre & GAHVARI, Firouz, 2004. "Pensions with endogenous and stochastic fertility," CORE Discussion Papers 2004067, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Miyoshi, Yoshiyuki & Toda, Alexis Akira, 2017.
"Growth effects of annuities and government transfers in perpetual youth models,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 1-6.
- Miyoshi, Yoshiyuki & Toda, Alexis Akira, 2016. "Growth Effects of Annuities and Government Transfers in Perpetual Youth Models," MPRA Paper 78982, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/6825 is not listed on IDEAS
- Echevarria, Cruz A., 2004. "Life expectancy, retirement and endogenous growth," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 147-174, January.
- Kazutoshi Miyazawa, 2001. "Incentives and Product Variety in an Aging Economy," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 8(4), pages 595-607, August.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jmacro:v:21:y:1999:i:1:p:107-124. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622617 .