Real Estate and the Asian Crisis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Quigley, John M., 2002. "Real Estate and the Asian Crisis," Berkeley Program on Housing and Urban Policy, Working Paper Series qt4f4951b0, Berkeley Program on Housing and Urban Policy.
References listed on IDEAS
- Garber, Peter M, 1990. "Famous First Bubbles," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 4(2), pages 35-54, Spring.
- Mankiw, N. Gregory & Weil, David N., 1989.
"The baby boom, the baby bust, and the housing market,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 235-258, May.
- N. Gregory Mankiw & David N. Weil, 1988. "The Baby Boom, The Baby Bust, and the Housing Market," NBER Working Papers 2794, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Meese Richard & Wallace Nancy, 1994. "Testing the Present Value Relation for Housing Prices: Should I Leave My House in San Francisco?," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 245-266, May.
- John M. Quigley, 1999.
"Real Estate Prices and Economic Cycles,"
International Real Estate Review,
Asian Real Estate Society, vol. 2(1), pages 1-20.
- Quigley, John M., 2002. "Real Estate Prices and Economic Cycles," Berkeley Program on Housing and Urban Policy, Working Paper Series qt58c6v2kx, Berkeley Program on Housing and Urban Policy.
- Hali J. Edison & Pongsak Luangaram & Marcus Miller, 1998.
"Asset bubbles, domino effects and 'lifeboats': elements of the East Asian crisis,"
International Finance Discussion Papers
606, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Hali Edison & Pongsak Luangaram & Marcus Miller, 1998. "Asset Bubbles, Domino Effects and 'Lifeboats': Elements of the East Asian Crisis," CSGR Working papers series 05/98, Centre for the Study of Globalisation and Regionalisation (CSGR), University of Warwick.
- Edison, Hali J & Luangaram, Pongsak & Miller, Marcus, 1998. "Asset Bubbles, Domino Effects and 'Lifeboats': Elements of the East Asian Crisis," CEPR Discussion Papers 1866, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Koh, Winston T.H. & Mariano, Roberto S. & Pavlov, Andrey & Phang, Sock Yong & Tan, Augustine H.H. & Wachter, Susan M., 2005. "Bank lending and real estate in Asia: market optimism and asset bubbles," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(6), pages 1103-1118, January.
- Rupert Nabarro & Tony Key, 2005. "Performance measurement and real estate lending risk," BIS Papers chapters,in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Real estate indicators and financial stability, volume 21, pages 70-90 Bank for International Settlements.
- Glaeser, Edward L., 2014. "Understanding housing: The intellectual legacy of John Quigley," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 3-12.
- Charles Ka Yui Leung & Patrick Wai Yin Cheung & Edward Chi Ho Tang, 2013.
"Financial Crisis and the Co-movements of Housing Sub-markets: Do relationships change after a crisis?,"
International Real Estate Review,
Asian Real Estate Society, vol. 16(1), pages 68-118.
- Leung, Charles Ka Yui & CHEUNG, W. Y. Patrick & TANG, C. H. Edward, 2011. "Financial Crisis and the Comovements of Housing Sub-markets: Do relationships change after a crisis?," MPRA Paper 31627, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tie-Ying Liu & Hsu-Ling Chang & Chi-Wei Su & Xu-Zhao Jiang, 2016. "China's housing bubble burst?," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 24(2), pages 361-389, April.
- repec:bth:wpaper:2004-02 is not listed on IDEAS
- Aizenman, Joshua & Jinjarak, Yothin, 2009.
"Current account patterns and national real estate markets,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 66(2), pages 75-89, September.
- Joshua Aizenman & Yothin Jinjarak, 2008. "Current Account Patterns and National Real Estate Markets," NBER Working Papers 13921, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Aizenman, Joshua & Jinjarak, Yothin, 2008. "Current account patterns and national real estate markets," Santa Cruz Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt1rh4s127, Department of Economics, UC Santa Cruz.
- Zhang, Tongbin & Hu, Bo, 2011. "House-Price Crash and Macroeconomic Crisis: A Hong Kong Case Study," MPRA Paper 34962, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Seow Ong & Tien Sing & Alan Teo, 2007. "Delinquency and Default in Arms: The Effects of Protected Equity and Loss Aversion," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 35(3), pages 253-280, October.
- Hao Meng & Wen-Jie Xie & Zhi-Qiang Jiang & Boris Podobnik & Wei-Xing Zhou & H. Eugene Stanley, 2013. "Systemic risk and spatiotemporal dynamics of the US housing market," Papers 1306.2831, arXiv.org.
- Lipsky, John, 2009. "Asia, the financial crisis, and global economic governance - closing remarks," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Oct, pages 347-353.
- Obstfeld, Maurice & Rogoff, Kenneth, 2009.
"Global imbalances and the financial crisis: products of common causes,"
Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Oct, pages 131-172.
- Obstfeld, Maurice & Rogoff, Kenneth, 2009. "Global Imbalances and the Financial Crisis: Products of Common Causes," CEPR Discussion Papers 7606, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ramon Huerta & Fernando Corbacho & Luis F. Lago-Fernandez, 2008. "A housing-demographic multi-layered nonlinear model to test regulation strategies," Papers 0809.0979, arXiv.org.
- Martin Hoesli & Kustrim Reka, 2015. "Contagion Channels between Real Estate and Financial Markets," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 43(1), pages 101-138, March.
- Edward L. Glaeser, 2016. "Real Estate Bubbles and Urban Development," NBER Working Papers 22997, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:bis:bisqtr:1803i is not listed on IDEAS
- Hui, Eddie C.M. & Chen, Jia, 2012. "Investigating the change of causality in emerging property markets during the financial tsunami," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 391(15), pages 3951-3962.
- Renee Fry & Vance L. Martin & Chrismin Tang, 2008. "A New Class Of Tests Of Contagion With Applications To Real Estate Markets," CAMA Working Papers 2008-01, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Buckley, Robert M. & Kalarickal, Jerry, 2004. "Shelter strategies for the urban poor : idiosyncratic and successful, but hardly mysterious," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3427, The World Bank.
- Green, David Jay, 2004. "Investment behavior and the Economic Crisis in Indonesia," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 287-303, April.
- Zhang, Hewitt & Hu, Yannan & Hu, Bo, 2012. "House-price crash and macroeconomic crisis: a Hong Kong case study," MPRA Paper 35534, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Wen-Chieh Wu & Chin-Oh Chang & Zekiye Selvili, 2003. "Banking System, Real Estate Markets, and Nonperforming Loans," International Real Estate Review, Asian Real Estate Society, vol. 6(1), pages 43-62.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jhouse:v:10:y:2001:i:2:p:129-161. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622881 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.