A limited-sample benchmark approach to assess and improve the performance of risk equalization models
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Erik Schokkaert & Carine Van de Voorde, 2000. "Risk adjustment and the fear of markets: The case of Belgium," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 3(2), pages 121-130, February.
- Schokkaert, Erik & Van de Voorde, Carine, 2004.
"Risk selection and the specification of the conventional risk adjustment formula,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 23(6), pages 1237-1259, November.
- Erik SCHOKKAERT & Carine VAN DE VOORDE, 2000. "Risk Selection and the Specification of the Conventional Risk Adjustment Formula," Working Papers Department of Economics ces0011, KU Leuven, Faculty of Economics and Business, Department of Economics.
- van de Ven, Wynand P. M. M. & van Vliet, Rene C. J. A. & Schut, Frederik T. & van Barneveld, Erik M., 2000. "Access to coverage for high-risks in a competitive individual health insurance market: via premium rate restrictions or risk-adjusted premium subsidies?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 311-339, May.
- van Barneveld, Erik M. & Lamers, Leida M. & van Vliet, Rene C. J. A. & van de Ven, Wynand P. M. M., 2001. "Risk sharing as a supplement to imperfect capitation: a tradeoff between selection and efficiency," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 147-168, March.
- Hausman, Jerry, 2015.
"Specification tests in econometrics,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 38(2), pages 112-134.
- Glazer, Jacob & McGuire, Thomas G., 2002. "Setting health plan premiums to ensure efficient quality in health care: minimum variance optimal risk adjustment," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 84(2), pages 153-173, May.
- Roy Carr-Hill & Geoffrey Hardman & Stephen Martin & Stuart Peacock & Trevor Sheldon & Peter Smith, 1994. "A formula for distributing NHS revenues based on small area use of hospital beds," Working Papers 022cheop, Centre for Health Economics, University of York.
- Van de ven, Wynand P.M.M. & Ellis, Randall P., 2000. "Risk adjustment in competitive health plan markets," Handbook of Health Economics,in: A. J. Culyer & J. P. Newhouse (ed.), Handbook of Health Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 14, pages 755-845 Elsevier.
- Frank, Richard G. & Glazer, Jacob & McGuire, Thomas G., 2000.
"Measuring adverse selection in managed health care,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 19(6), pages 829-854, November.
- Richard G. Frank & Jacob Glazer & Thomas G. McGuire, 1998. "Measuring Adverse Selection in Managed Health Care," NBER Working Papers 6825, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Erik Schokkaert & Geert Dhaene & Carine Van De Voorde, 1998. "Risk adjustment and the trade-off between efficiency and risk selection: an application of the theory of fair compensation," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 7(5), pages 465-480.
- David E. M. Sappington & Tracy R. Lewis, 1999. "Using Subjective Risk Adjusting to Prevent Patient Dumping in the Health Care Industry," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(3), pages 351-382, September.
- Ellis, Randall P., 1998. "Creaming, skimping and dumping: provider competition on the intensive and extensive margins1," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 537-555, October.
- Richard C. van Kleef & Wynand P. M. M. van de Ven & René C. J. A. van Vliet, 2006. "A Voluntary Deductible in Social Health Insurance with Risk Equalization: "Community-Rated or Risk-Rated Premium Rebate?"," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 73(3), pages 529-550.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Asthana, Sheena & Gibson, Alex, 2011. "Setting health care capitations through diagnosis-based risk adjustment: A suitable model for the English NHS?," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 101(2), pages 133-139, July.
More about this item
KeywordsHealth insurance Managed competition Subsidies Risk equalization Optimal risk adjustment;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jhecon:v:29:y:2010:i:3:p:426-437. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505560 .