Properties of actuarially fair and pay-as-you-go health insurance schemes for the elderly. An OLG model approach
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Epstein, L, 1975. "A Disaggregate Analysis of Consumer Choice under Uncertainty," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 43(5-6), pages 877-92, Sept.-Nov.
- Blomqvist, A. & Johansson, P-O., 1997.
"Economic efficiency and mixed public/private insurance,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 66(3), pages 505-516, December.
- Blomqvist, Ake & Johansson, Per-Olov, 1996. "Economic Efficiency and Mixed Public/Private Insurance," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 110, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Meijdam, Lex & Verbon, Harrie A A, 1996.
"Aging and Political Decision Making on Public Pensions,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer, vol. 9(2), pages 141-58, May.
- Lex Meijdam & Harrie Verbon, 1996. "Aging and political decision making on public pensions," Journal of Population Economics, Springer, vol. 9(2), pages 141-158, June.
- Meijdam, A.C. & Verbon, H.A.A., 1996. "Aging and political decision making on public pensions," Other publications TiSEM 30434a77-0d7a-4d11-8fbd-3, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Selden, Thomas M., 1997. "More on the economic efficiency of mixed public/private insurance," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(3), pages 517-523, December.
- Richard Disney, 1996. "Ageing and saving," Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 17(2), pages 83-101, May.
- Pauly, Mark V, 1974. "Overinsurance and Public Provision of Insurance: The Roles of Moral Hazard and Adverse Selection," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 88(1), pages 44-62, February.
- Besley, Timothy, 1989. "Publicly provided disaster insurance for health and the control of moral hazard," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 141-156, July.
- Zeckhauser, Richard, 1970. "Medical insurance: A case study of the tradeoff between risk spreading and appropriate incentives," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 10-26, March.
- Howard Oxley & Maitland MacFarlan, 1994. "Health Care Reform Controlling Spending and Increasing Efficiency," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 149, OECD Publishing.
- Louis Kaplow, 1989.
"Incentives and Government Relief for Risk,"
NBER Working Papers
3007, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Zweifel, Peter & Struwe, Wolfram, 1996. "Long-Term Care Insurance and Bequests as Instruments for Shaping Intergenerational Relationships," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 65-76, January.
- David M. Cutler & Richard J. Zeckhauser, 1997.
"Adverse Selection in Health Insurance,"
NBER Working Papers
6107, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David M. Cutler & Richard J. Zeckhauser, 1998. "Adverse Selection in Health Insurance," NBER Chapters, in: Frontiers in Health Policy Research, Volume 1, pages 1-32 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cutler David M. & Zeckhauser Richard J., 1998. "Adverse Selection in Health Insurance," Forum for Health Economics & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 1(1), pages 1-33, January.
- Jack, William & Sheiner, Louise, 1997. "Welfare-Improving Health Expenditure Subsidies," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 87(1), pages 206-21, March.
- Mark McClellan & Jonathan Skinner, 1997.
"The Incidence of Medicare,"
NBER Working Papers
6013, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jhecon:v:19:y:2000:i:4:p:477-498. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.