Adjustment costs, withdrawal effects, and cigarette addiction
No abstract is available for this item.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gary S. Becker & Michael Grossman & Kevin M. Murphy, 1990.
"An Empirical Analysis of Cigarette Addiction,"
NBER Working Papers
3322, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gary S. Becker & Michael Grossman & Kevin M. Murphy, 1990. "An Empirical Analysis of Cigarette Addiction," University of Chicago - George G. Stigler Center for Study of Economy and State 61, Chicago - Center for Study of Economy and State.
- Barthold, Thomas A & Hochman, Harold M, 1988. "Addiction as Extreme-Seeking," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 26(1), pages 89-106, January.
- Pashardes, Panos, 1986. "Myopic and Forward Looking Behavior in a Dynamic Demand System," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 27(2), pages 387-97, June.
- Boyer, Marcel, 1983.
"Rational demand and expenditures patterns under habit formation,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 27-53, October.
- Boyer, M., 1981. "Rational Demand and Expenditures Patterns Under Habit Formation," Cahiers de recherche 8133, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Orphanides, Athanasios & Zervos, David, 1995.
"Rational Addiction with Learning and Regret,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 103(4), pages 739-58, August.
- Jones, Andrew M, 1989. "A Systems Approach to the Demand for Alcohol and Tobacco," Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(2), pages 85-105, April.
- Orphanides, Athanasios & Zervos, David, 1998. "Myopia and Addictive Behaviour," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(446), pages 75-91, January.
- Jones, Andrew M., 1994. "Health, addiction, social interaction and the decision to quit smoking," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 93-110, March.
- Levy, David M, 1994. "The Fragile Politics of Addiction," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 81(3-4), pages 263-75, December.
- Gary S. Becker & Kevin M. Murphy, 1986.
"A Theory of Rational Addiction,"
University of Chicago - George G. Stigler Center for Study of Economy and State
41, Chicago - Center for Study of Economy and State.
- Chaloupka, Frank, 1991.
"Rational Addictive Behavior and Cigarette Smoking,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(4), pages 722-42, August.
- Suranovic, Steven M. & Goldfarb, Robert S. & Leonard, Thomas C., 1999. "An economic theory of cigarette addiction," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 1-29, January.
- Rosalie Liccardo Pacula, 1997. "Letter: Economic modelling of the gateway effect," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 6(5), pages 521-524.
- Michaels, Robert J, 1988. "Addiction, Compulsion, and the Technology of Consumption," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 26(1), pages 75-88, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jhecon:v:18:y:1999:i:1:p:125-137. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.