Does peer monitoring influence choices between cash and food? Findings from a field experiment
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- De Weerdt, Joachim & Dercon, Stefan, 2006.
"Risk-sharing networks and insurance against illness,"
Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 81(2), pages 337-356, December.
- Stefan Dercon & Joachim De Weerdt, 2002. "Risk-sharing networks and insurance against illness," CSAE Working Paper Series 2002-16, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Stefan Dercon & Joachim de Weerdt, 2004. "Risk-Sharing Networks And Insurance Against Illness," Development and Comp Systems 0409019, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ian MacAuslan & Nils Riemenschneider, 2011. "Richer but Resented: What do Cash Transfers do to Social Relations?," IDS Bulletin, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 42(6), pages 60-66, November.
- Basu, Kaushik, 1996. "Relief programs: When it may be better to give food instead of cash," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 91-96, January.
- Joshua D. Angrist & Jörn-Steffen Pischke, 2009. "Mostly Harmless Econometrics: An Empiricist's Companion," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 8769, April.
- Christopher Barrett & Robert Bell & Erin Lentz & Daniel Maxwell, 2009. "Market information and food insecurity response analysis," Food Security: The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food, Springer;The International Society for Plant Pathology, vol. 1(2), pages 151-168, June.
- Jean-Marie Baland & Catherine Guirkinger & Charlotte Mali, 2011. "Pretending to Be Poor: Borrowing to Escape Forced Solidarity in Cameroon," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 60(1), pages 1-16.
- Andrew Mude & Robert Ouma & Erin Lentz, 2012. "Responding to Food Insecurity: Employing the Market Information and Food Insecurity Response Analysis Framework in Rural Northern Kenya," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(12), pages 1731-1749, December.
- Sommarat Chantarat & Andrew G. Mude & Christopher B. Barrett & Michael R. Carter, 2013. "Designing Index-Based Livestock Insurance for Managing Asset Risk in Northern Kenya," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 80(1), pages 205-237, March.
- Ahmed, Akhter U. & Quisumbing, Agnes R. & Nasreen, Mahbuba & Hoddinott, John F. & Bryan, Elizabeth, 2009. "Comparing Food and Cash Transfers to the Ultra-Poor in Bangladesh," Research reports 163, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- John Mcpeak & Cheryl Doss & Christopher Barrett & Patti Kristjanson, 2009. "Do Community Members Share Development Priorities? Results of a Ranking Exercise in East African Rangelands," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(10), pages 1663-1683.
- Mude, Andrew G. & Barrett, Christopher B. & McPeak, John G. & Kaitho, Robert & Kristjanson, Patti, 2009. "Empirical forecasting of slow-onset disasters for improved emergency response: An application to Kenya's arid north," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 329-339, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Upton Joanna, 2018. "Working Paper 304 - The Use of Cash Versus Food Transfers in Eastern Niger," Working Paper Series 2430, African Development Bank.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Ryckembusch, David & Frega, Romeo & Silva, Marcio Guilherme & Gentilini, Ugo & Sanogo, Issa & Grede, Nils & Brown, Lynn, 2013. "Enhancing Nutrition: A New Tool for Ex-Ante Comparison of Commodity-based Vouchers and Food Transfers," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 58-67.
- World Bank Group, 2016. "Cash Transfers in Humanitarian Contexts," World Bank Other Operational Studies 24699, The World Bank.
- Lentz, Erin C. & Barrett, Christopher B., 2013.
"The economics and nutritional impacts of food assistance policies and programs,"
Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 151-163.
- Lentz, Erin C. & Barrett, Christopher B., 2013. "The economics and nutritional impacts of food assistance policies and programs," ESA Working Papers 288988, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, Agricultural Development Economics Division (ESA).
- Gentilini,Ugo, 2016. "The revival of the"cash versus food"debate : new evidence for an old quandary ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7584, The World Bank.
- Gentilini, Ugo, 2014. "Our daily bread : what is the evidence on comparing cash versus food transfers?," Social Protection Discussion Papers and Notes 89502, The World Bank.
- Renaud Bourlès & Yann Bramoullé & Eduardo Perez‐Richet, 2017.
"Altruism in Networks,"
Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 85, pages 675-689, March.
- Renaud Bourlès & Yann Bramoullé, 2013. "Altruism in Networks," Working Papers halshs-00881451, HAL.
- Renaud Bourlès & Yann Bramoullé, 2013. "Altruism in Networks," AMSE Working Papers 1356, Aix-Marseille School of Economics, France, revised Nov 2013.
- Renaud Bourlès & Yann Bramoullé & Eduardo Perez-Richet, 2017. "Altruism in Networks," Post-Print hal-01590007, HAL.
- Levine, David & Polimeni, Rachel & Ramage, Ian, 2016.
"Insuring health or insuring wealth? An experimental evaluation of health insurance in rural Cambodia,"
Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 119(C), pages 1-15.
- Levine, David & Polimeni, Rachel & Ramage, Ian, 2014. "Insuring Health or Insuring Wealth? An Experimental Evaluation of Health Insurance in Rural Cambodia," Institute for Research on Labor and Employment, Working Paper Series qt488891mp, Institute of Industrial Relations, UC Berkeley.
- Barrett, Christopher B. & Headey, Derek D., 2014. "Measuring resilience in a volatile world: A proposal for a multicountry system of sentinel sites :," 2020 conference papers 1, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Nathaniel Jensen & Munenobu Ikegami & Andrew Mude, 2017. "Integrating Social Protection Strategies for Improved Impact: A Comparative Evaluation of Cash Transfers and Index Insurance in Kenya," The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance - Issues and Practice, Palgrave Macmillan;The Geneva Association, vol. 42(4), pages 675-707, October.
- Gentilini, Ugo & Omamo, Steven Were, 2011. "Social protection 2.0: Exploring issues, evidence and debates in a globalizing world," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 329-340, June.
- Jensen, Nathaniel D. & Mude, Andrew G. & Barrett, Christopher B., 2018.
"How basis risk and spatiotemporal adverse selection influence demand for index insurance: Evidence from northern Kenya,"
Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 172-198.
- Jensen, Nathaniel & Mude, Andrew & Barrett, Christopher, 2014. "How Basis Risk and Spatiotemporal Adverse Selection Influence Demand for Index Insurance: Evidence from Northern Kenya," MPRA Paper 60452, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bruce Wydick & Elizabeth Katz & Flor Calvo & Felipe Gutierrez & Brendan Janet, 2018.
"Shoeing the Children: The Impact of the TOMS Shoe Donation Program in Rural El Salvador,"
World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 32(3), pages 727-751.
- Wydick,Bruce W. & Katz,Elizabeth G. & Calvo,Flor & Gutierrez,Felipe & Janet,Brendan, 2016. "Shoeing the Children : the impact of the TOMS Shoe donation program in rural El Salvador," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7822, The World Bank.
- Gabriele Ruiu & Giovanna Gonano, 2020. "Religious Barriers to the Diffusion of Same-sex Civil Unions in Italy," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer;Southern Demographic Association (SDA), vol. 39(6), pages 1185-1203, December.
- Wright, Austin L. & Sonin, Konstantin & Driscoll, Jesse & Wilson, Jarnickae, 2020.
"Poverty and economic dislocation reduce compliance with COVID-19 shelter-in-place protocols,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 180(C), pages 544-554.
- Austin L. Wright & Konstantin Sonin & Jesse Driscoll & Jarnickae Wilson, 2020. "Poverty and Economic Dislocation Reduce Compliance with COVID-19 Shelter-in-Place Protocols," Working Papers 2020-40, Becker Friedman Institute for Research In Economics.
- Driscoll, Jesse & Sonin, Konstantin & Wilson, Jarnickae & Wright, Austin L., 2020. "Poverty and Economic Dislocation Reduce Compliance with COVID-19 Shelter-in-Place Protocols," CEPR Discussion Papers 14618, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Guido de Blasio & Daniela Vuri, 2019. "Effects of the Joint Custody Law in Italy," Journal of Empirical Legal Studies, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 16(3), pages 479-514, September.
- Graves Jennifer & McMullen Steven & Rouse Kathryn, 2018. "Teacher Turnover, Composition and Qualifications in the Year-Round School Setting," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 18(3), pages 1-27, July.
- Alston Lee J. & Mueller Bernardo, 2018. "Priests, Conflicts and Property Rights: the Impacts on Tenancy and Land Use in Brazil," Man and the Economy, De Gruyter, vol. 5(1), pages 1-26, June.
- S Anukriti & Catalina Herrera‐Almanza & Praveen K. Pathak & Mahesh Karra, 2020. "Curse of the Mummy‐ji: The Influence of Mothers‐in‐Law on Women in India†," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 102(5), pages 1328-1351, October.
- Ellison, Richard B. & Ellison, Adrian B. & Greaves, Stephen P. & Sampaio, Breno, 2017. "Electronic ticketing systems as a mechanism for travel behaviour change? Evidence from Sydney’s Opal card," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 99(C), pages 80-93.
- Yusuke Matsuki, 2016. "A Distribution-Free Test of Monotonicity with an Application to Auctions," Working Papers e110, Tokyo Center for Economic Research.
More about this item
KeywordsFood assistance; Cash transfers; Preferences; Sharing norms;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jfpoli:v:65:y:2016:i:c:p:21-31. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/foodpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/foodpol .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.