Cash transfers and high food prices: Explaining outcomes on Ethiopia's Productive Safety Net Programme
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Emebet Kebede, 2006. "Moving from Emergency Food Aid to Predictable Cash Transfers: Recent Experience in Ethiopia," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 24(5), pages 579-599, September.
- Stefan Tangermann, 2008. "Agricultural Commodity Prices: Perspectives and Policies," EuroChoices, The Agricultural Economics Society, vol. 7(SpecialIs), pages 36-43, August.
- Benson, Todd & Minot, Nicholas & Pender, John & Robles, Miguel & von Braun, Joachim, 2008. "Global food crises: Monitoring and assessing impact to inform policy responses," Food policy reports 19, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Ayele Gelan, 2006. "Cash or Food Aid? A General Equilibrium Analysis for Ethiopia," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 24(5), pages 601-624, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Stoeffler, Quentin & Mills, Bradford, 2014. "Households’ investments in durable and productive assets in Niger: quasi-experimental evidences from a cash transfer project," 2014 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2014, Minneapolis, Minnesota 170212, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- d'Agostino, Giorgio & Pieroni, Luca & Scarlato, Margherita, 2013. "Social Protection and Food Security in Sub-Saharan Africa: An Evaluation of Cash Transfer Programmes," MPRA Paper 49536, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Aregawi G. Gebremariam & Elisabetta Lodigiani & Giacomo Pasini, 2017. "The impact of Ethiopian Productive Safety-net Program on children’s educational aspirations," Working Papers 2017:26, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- Ferrière, Nathalie & Suwa-Eisenmann, Akiko, 2015. "Does Food Aid Disrupt Local Food Market? Evidence from Rural Ethiopia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 114-131.
- Fujii, Tomoki, 2013.
"Impact of food inflation on poverty in the Philippines,"
Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 13-27.
- Tomoki Fujii, 2011. "Impact of food inflation on poverty in the Philippines," Working Papers 14-2011, Singapore Management University, School of Economics.
- Gentilini, Ugo & Omamo, Steven Were, 2011. "Social protection 2.0: Exploring issues, evidence and debates in a globalizing world," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 329-340, June.
- Rawlins, Rosemary & Pimkina, Svetlana & Barrett, Christopher B. & Pedersen, Sarah & Wydick, Bruce, 2014. "Got milk? The impact of Heifer International’s livestock donation programs in Rwanda on nutritional outcomes," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 202-213.
- Debela, Bethelhem Legesse & Holden , Stein, 2014. "How Does Ethiopia’s Productive Safety Net Program Affect Livestock Accumulation and Children’s Education?," CLTS Working Papers 8/14, Norwegian University of Life Sciences, Centre for Land Tenure Studies.
- Bethelhem Debela & Gerald Shively & Stein Holden, 2015.
"Does Ethiopia’s Productive Safety Net Program improve child nutrition?,"
Food Security: The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food,
Springer;The International Society for Plant Pathology, vol. 7(6), pages 1273-1289, December.
- Legesse Debela, Bethelhem & Shively, Gerald & Holden, Stein, 2014. "Does Ethiopia’s Productive Safety Net Program Improve Child Nutrition?," CLTS Working Papers 1/14, Norwegian University of Life Sciences, Centre for Land Tenure Studies.
- Devereux, Stephen, 2016. "Social protection for enhanced food security in sub-Saharan Africa," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 52-62.
- Matthias Kalkuhl & Mekbib Haile & Lukas Kornher & Marta Kozicka, 2015. "Cost-benefit framework for policy action to navigate food price spikes. FOODSECURE Working Paper No 33," FOODSECURE Working papers 33, LEI Wageningen UR.
- Khera, Reetika, 2014. "Cash vs. in-kind transfers: Indian data meets theory," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 116-128.
- World Bank, 2012. "Using Public Food Grain Stocks to Enhance Food Security," World Bank Other Operational Studies 11878, The World Bank.
- Araya, Girma Behe & Holden , Stein T., 2017. "Is Ethiopia’s Productive Safety Net Program Enhancing Dependency?," CLTS Working Papers 5/17, Norwegian University of Life Sciences, Centre for Land Tenure Studies.
- Anderson, Kym & Thennakoon, Jayanthi, 2015. "Food Prices Spikes and Poor, Small Economies: What Role for Trade Policies," African Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, African Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 10(1), March.
- Headey, Derek D. & Bachewe, Fantu Nisrane & Worku, Ibrahim & Dereje, Mekdim & Taffesse, Alemayehu Seyoum, 2012. "Urban wage behavior and food price inflation: the case of Ethiopia [Working Paper]:," ESSP working papers 41, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
More about this item
KeywordsCash transfers Food security Inflation Ethiopia Social protection;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jfpoli:v:35:y:2010:i:4:p:274-285. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/foodpol .