Agro-food trade competitiveness of Central European and Balkan countries
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Alan V. Deardorff & Robert M. Stern, 2009.
"Globalization's Bystanders: Does Trade Liberalization Hurt Countries That Do Not Participate?,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Globalization And International Trade Policies, chapter 3, pages 53-75
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Stern, Robert M. & Deardorff, Alan V., 2006. "Globalization's bystanders: Does trade liberalization hurt countries that do not participate?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 34(8), pages 1419-1429, August.
- Alan V. Deardorff & Robert M. Stern, 2005. "Globalization’s Bystanders: Does Trade Liberalization Hurt Countries that Do Not Participate?," Working Papers 529, Research Seminar in International Economics, University of Michigan.
- Deardorff, Alan V. & Stern, Robert M., 2005. "Globalization's Bystanders: Does Trade Liberalization Hurt Countries that Do Not Participate?," WIDER Working Paper Series 035, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Kei-Mu Yi, 2003.
"Can Vertical Specialization Explain the Growth of World Trade?,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 111(1), pages 52-102, February.
- Kei-Mu Yi, 2000. "Can vertical specialization explain the growth of world trade?," Staff Reports 96, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Rauch, James E., 1999. "Networks versus markets in international trade," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 7-35, June.
- L. Randall Wray & Stephanie Bell, 2004. "Introduction," Chapters,in: Credit and State Theories of Money, chapter 1 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Robert C. Feenstra, 1998.
"Integration of Trade and Disintegration of Production in the Global Economy,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 12(4), pages 31-50, Fall.
- Robert C. Feenstra, "undated". "Integration Of Trade And Disintegration Of Production In The Global Economy," Department of Economics 98-06, California Davis - Department of Economics.
- Imre Fert– & L. J. Hubbard, 2003. "Revealed Comparative Advantage and Competitiveness in Hungarian Agri-Food Sectors," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(2), pages 247-259, February.
- Salvatore Baldone & Fabio Sdogati & Lucia Tajoli, 2007.
"On Some Effects of International Fragmentation of Production on Comparative Advantages, Trade Flows and the Income of Countries,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 30(11), pages 1726-1769, November.
- Salvatore Baldone & Fabio Sdogati & Lucia Tajoli, 2006. "On some effects of international fragmentation of production on comparative advantages, trade flows, and the income of countries," KITeS Working Papers 187, KITeS, Centre for Knowledge, Internationalization and Technology Studies, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy, revised Nov 2006.
- Alfred Tovias, 1991. "EC-Eastern Europe: A Case Study of Hungary," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(3), pages 291-315, March.
- Redding, Stephen, 2002. "Specialization dynamics," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 299-334, December.
- Olper, Alessandro & Raimondi, Valentina, 2008. "Agricultural market integration in the OECD: A gravity-border effect approach," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 165-175, April.
- Mario Cleves & William W. Gould & Roberto G. Gutierrez & Yulia Marchenko, 2010. "An Introduction to Survival Analysis Using Stata," Stata Press books, StataCorp LP, edition 3, number saus3, April.
- Luca De Benedictis & Massimo Tamberi, 2004. "Overall Specialization Empirics: Techniques and Applications," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 15(4), pages 323-346, October.
- Å tefan Bojnec & Imre FertÅ, 2007. "The Catching-Up Process of European Enlargement: Hungarian and Slovenian Agricultural, Food, and Forestry Trade," Eastern European Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(5), pages 5-34, September.
- Proudman, James & Redding, Stephen, 2000.
"Evolving Patterns of International Trade,"
Review of International Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(3), pages 373-396, August.
- Proudman, J. & Redding, S., 1998. "Evolving Patterns of International Trade," Economics Papers 144, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Proudman, James & Redding, Stephen, 2000. "Evolving patterns of international trade," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 206, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Thomas Vollrath, 1991. "A theoretical evaluation of alternative trade intensity measures of revealed comparative advantage," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 127(2), pages 265-280, June.
- Jeroen Hinloopen & Charles Marrewijk, 2001. "On the empirical distribution of the Balassa index," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 137(1), pages 1-35, March.
- Amiti, Mary, 1998. "New Trade Theories and Industrial Location in the EU: A Survey of Evidence," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 14(2), pages 45-53, Summer.
- Philippe Robert-Demontrond & R. Ringoot, 2004. "Introduction," Post-Print halshs-00081823, HAL.
- Štefan Bojnec, 2001. "Trade and Revealed Comparative Advantage Measures: Regional and Central and East European Agricultural Trade," Eastern European Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(2), pages 72-98, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jozwiak, Akos & Milkovics, Matyas & Lakner, Zoltan, 2016. "A Network-Science Support System for Food Chain Safety: A Case from Hungarian Cattle Production," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association, vol. 19(A), pages 1-26, June.
- Mizik, Tamas, 2012. "A snapshot of Western Balkan’s agriculture from the perspective of EU accession," Studies in Agricultural Economics, Research Institute for Agricultural Economics, vol. 114(1), pages 1-10.
- repec:mup:actaun:actaun_2012060040363 is not listed on IDEAS
- Tamás Mizik, 2011. "Western Balkans: state of agriculture and its opportunities on the eve of EU accession," Acta Universitatis Danubius. OEconomica, Danubius University of Galati, issue 1(1), pages 30-52, March.
- Teder, M. & Sirgments, R., 23. "Competitiveness of the Estonian timber products and comparison with Scandinavian and Baltic countries," Scandinavian Forest Economics: Proceedings of the Biennial Meeting of the Scandinavian Society of Forest Economics, Scandinavian Society of Forest Economics, issue 44, May.
- Mizik, Tamas, 2014. "Land, as a bottleneck of the Western Balkans’ agriculture," 142nd Seminar, May 29-30, 2014, Budapest, Hungary 169392, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Svatos, Miroslav & Smutka, Lubos, 2012. "Development of Agricultural Trade of Visegrad Group Countries in Relation to EU and Third Countries," AGRIS on-line Papers in Economics and Informatics, Czech University of Life Sciences Prague, Faculty of Economics and Management, vol. 4(3), pages 1-15, September.
- Bojnec, Stefan & Ferto, Imre, 2009. "Former Central European Free Trade Agreement countries’ agri-food trade specialisation," German Journal of Agricultural Economics, Humboldt-Universitaet zu Berlin, Department for Agricultural Economics, vol. 58(8), pages 1-9, November.
- Carraresi, Laura & Banterle, Alessandro, 2015. "Agri-food Competitive Performance in EU Countries: A Fifteen-Year Retrospective," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association, vol. 18(2), pages 1-26, May.
- Jovanović, Miomir & Kašćelan, Ljiljana & Joksimović, Miljan & Despotović, Aleksandra, 2015. "Comparative Analisys Of Agro-Food Trade In Montenegro And Eu Candidate Countries," Economics of Agriculture, Institute of Agricultural Economics, vol. 62(1), pages 1-8, March.
- Svatoš, Miroslav & Smutka, Luboš, 2014. "Visegrad countries - agrarian foreign trade development in relation to their total merchandise trade performance," Problems of World Agriculture / Problemy Rolnictwa Światowego, WydziaÅ‚ Nauk Ekonomicznych, Uniwersytet Warszawski, vol. 14(29), pages 1-15, December.
- repec:mup:actaun:actaun_2012060070273 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:bla:jageco:v:68:y:2017:i:1:p:269-279 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:aka:aoecon:v:67:y:2017:i:3:p:435-462 is not listed on IDEAS
- Miklós VÁSÁRY, 2013. "Foreign trade trends in the Hungarian-Romanian turnover of agricultural products," Eastern Journal of European Studies, Centre for European Studies, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, vol. 4, pages 81-103, June.
- repec:ags:aolpei:263953 is not listed on IDEAS
- Laura CARRARESI & Alessandro BANTERLE, 2013. "The agri-food competitive performance in the EU countries: a fifteen years retrospective," Departmental Working Papers 2013-14, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- Sarker, Rakhal & Ratnesena, Shashini, 2014. "Revealed Comparative Advantage and Half-A-Century Competitiveness of Canadian Agriculture: A Case Study of Wheat, Beef and Pork Sectors," Working Papers 165675, Canadian Agricultural Trade Policy Research Network.
- Ferto, Imre & Bojnec, Stefan, 2015. "Quality upgrading in the European-Union agri-food exports," 89th Annual Conference, April 13-15, 2015, Warwick University, Coventry, UK 204225, Agricultural Economics Society.
- Tamás Mizik, 2011. "Western Balkans: State of Agriculture and its Opportunities on the Eve of EU Accession - II," Acta Universitatis Danubius. OEconomica, Danubius University of Galati, issue 2(2), pages 37-53, June.
- Carraresi, Laura & Banterle, Alessandro, 2013. "The Agri-food Competitive Performance in the EU Countries: A Fifteen Years Retrospective," 2013 International European Forum, February 18-22, 2013, Innsbruck-Igls, Austria 164745, International European Forum on System Dynamics and Innovation in Food Networks.
- repec:ags:erdnra:273082 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsRelative trade advantages Agro-food Central Europe Balkans European Union;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jfpoli:v:34:y:2009:i:5:p:417-425. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/foodpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.