Stock repurchases and bank holding company performance
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ofer, Aharon R & Thakor, Anjan V, 1987.
" A Theory of Stock Price Responses to Alternative Corporate Cash Disbursement Methods: Stock Repurchases and Dividends,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 42(2), pages 365-94, June.
- Ahron R. Ofer & Anjan V. Thakor, 2004. "A Theory of Stock Price Responses to Alternative Corporate Cash Disbursement Methods: Stock Repurchase and Dividends," Finance 0411031, EconWPA.
- Hovakimian, Armen & Opler, Tim & Titman, Sheridan, 2001. "The Debt-Equity Choice," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 36(01), pages 1-24, March.
- Ikenberry, David & Lakonishok, Josef & Vermaelen, Theo, 1995.
"Market underreaction to open market share repurchases,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 39(2-3), pages 181-208.
- David Ikenberry & Josef Lakonishok & Theo Vermaelen, 1994. "Market Underreaction to Open Market Share Repurchases," NBER Working Papers 4965, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Houston, Joel F. & James, Christopher, 1995. "CEO compensation and bank risk Is compensation in banking structured to promote risk taking?," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 405-431, November.
- Jagannathan, Murali & Stephens, Clifford P. & Weisbach, Michael S., 2000. "Financial flexibility and the choice between dividends and stock repurchases," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(3), pages 355-384, September.
- Lambert, Richard A. & Lanen, William N. & Larcker, David F., 1989. "Executive Stock Option Plans and Corporate Dividend Policy," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 24(04), pages 409-425, December.
- Clifford P. Stephens & Michael S. Weisbach, 1998. "Actual Share Reacquisitions in Open-Market Repurchase Programs," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 53(1), pages 313-333, 02.
- Fenn, George W. & Liang, Nellie, 2001. "Corporate payout policy and managerial stock incentives," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 45-72, April.
- Jensen, Michael C, 1986. "Agency Costs of Free Cash Flow, Corporate Finance, and Takeovers," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(2), pages 323-29, May.
- Elizabeth Laderman, 1995. "Bank stock repurchases," FRBSF Economic Letter, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue dec29.
- David Ikenberry & Josef Lakonishok & Theo Vermaelen, 2000.
"Stock Repurchases in Canada: Performance and Strategic Trading,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 55(5), pages 2373-2397, October.
- David Ikenberry & Josef Lakonishok & Theo Vermaelen, 1999. "Stock Repurchases in Canada: Performance and Strategic Trading," NBER Working Papers 7325, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Beverly Hirtle, 1998. "Bank holding company capital ratios and shareholder payouts," Current Issues in Economics and Finance, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, vol. 4(Sep).
- Choi, Dosoung & Chen, Sheng-Syan, 1997. "The Differential Information Conveyed by Share Repurchase Tender Offers and Dividend Increases," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 20(4), pages 529-43, Winter.
- Vermaelen, Theo, 1981. "Common stock repurchases and market signalling : An empirical study," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 139-183, June.
- Lie, Erik, 2000. "Excess Funds and Agency Problems: An Empirical Study of Incremental Cash Disbursements," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 13(1), pages 219-47.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jfinin:v:13:y:2004:i:1:p:28-57. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.