The same face of the two Smiths: Adam Smith and Vernon Smith
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Smith,Vernon L., 2009. "Rationality in Economics," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521133388, March.
- Nathan Rosenberg, 1990. "Adam Smith and the Stock of Moral Capital," History of Political Economy, Duke University Press, vol. 22(1), pages 1-18, Spring.
- Todd L. Cherry & Peter Frykblom & Jason F. Shogren, 2002. "Hardnose the Dictator," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(4), pages 1218-1221, September.
- S. Berninghaus & W. Güth, 2007. "Experimental Economics," Chapters,in: Elgar Companion to Neo-Schumpeterian Economics, chapter 66 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Gordon Tullock, 1985. "Adam Smith and the Prisoners' Dilemma," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 100(Supplemen), pages 1073-1081.
- Mary L. Rigdon & Kevin A. McCabe & Vernon L. Smith, 2007. "Sustaining Cooperation in Trust Games," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 117(522), pages 991-1007, July.
- Levy, David M. & Peart, Sandra J., 2004. "Sympathy And Approbation In Hume And Smith: A Solution To The Other Rational Species Problem," Economics and Philosophy, Cambridge University Press, vol. 20(02), pages 331-349, October.
- Hoffman, Elizabeth & McCabe, Kevin & Smith, Vernon L, 1996. "Social Distance and Other-Regarding Behavior in Dictator Games," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(3), pages 653-660, June.
- Khalil, Elias L., 2011. "The mirror neuron paradox: How far is understanding from mimicking?," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 77(1), pages 86-96, January.
- Avner Greif, 2006. "History Lessons: The Birth of Impersonal Exchange: The Community Responsibility System and Impartial Justice," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 20(2), pages 221-236, Spring.
- Christopher J. Berry, 2006. "Aristotle, Hobbes and Chimpanzees," Political Studies, Political Studies Association, vol. 54, pages 827-845, December.
- Vernon L. Smith, 2003.
"Constructivist and Ecological Rationality in Economics,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 93(3), pages 465-508, June.
- Smith, Vernon L., 2002. "Constructivist and Ecological Rationality in Economics," Nobel Prize in Economics documents 2002-7, Nobel Prize Committee.
- Evelyn L. Forget, 2003. "Evocations of Sympathy: Sympathetic Imagery in Eighteenth-Century Social Theory and Physiology," History of Political Economy, Duke University Press, vol. 35(5), pages 282-308, Supplemen.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:100:y:2006:i:03:p:309-318_06 is not listed on IDEAS
- Smith, Vernon L., 2010. "What would Adam Smith think?," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 83-86, January.
- James C. Cox & Cary A. Deck, 2005. "On the Nature of Reciprocal Motives," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 43(3), pages 623-635, July.
- Vernon L. Smith, 1998. "The Two Faces of Adam Smith," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 65(1), pages 2-19, July.
- Colin F. Camerer & Richard H. Thaler, 1995. "Anomalies: Ultimatums, Dictators and Manners," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 9(2), pages 209-219, Spring.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Siri Terjesen & Amy Willis, 2016. "Experimental economics and business education: an interview with Nobel Laureate Vernon Lomax Smith," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 47(1), pages 261-275, June.
- repec:eee:jeborg:v:143:y:2017:i:c:p:223-240 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsCooperation with strangers Adam Smith Vernon Smith Sympathy;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jeborg:v:78:y:2011:i:3:p:246-255. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jebo .