From Keynes to Solow to optimal growth: An encompassing model of monetary and fiscal policy
A dynamic, out-of-equilibrium model of aggregate demand and supply is specified. The existence of, and convergence to, a macroeconomic equilibrium is derived, and the existence of a supporting revealed social utility function is established. Empirical estimates for three recent historical 'eras' suggest the model's explanatory power is impressive. Implications for possible policy repercussions include striking shifts in effect.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Finn E. Kydland & Edward C. Prescott, 1990.
"The econometrics of the general equilibrium approach to business cycles,"
130, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Kydland, Finn E & Prescott, Edward C, 1991. " The Econometrics of the General Equilibrium Approach to Business Cycles," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 93(2), pages 161-78.
- Day Richard H. & Yang Chengyu, 2005. "Economic Growth and Revealed Social Preference," Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 9(2), pages 1-18, June.
- Kydland, Finn E & Prescott, Edward C, 1982.
"Time to Build and Aggregate Fluctuations,"
Econometric Society, vol. 50(6), pages 1345-70, November.
- Finn E. Kydland & Edward C. Prescott, 1982. "Executable program for "Time to Build and Aggregate Fluctuations"," QM&RBC Codes 4, Quantitative Macroeconomics & Real Business Cycles.
- Finn E. Kydland & Edward C. Prescott, 1982. "Web interface for "Time to Build and Aggregate Fluctuations"," QM&RBC Codes 4a, Quantitative Macroeconomics & Real Business Cycles.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521850254 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jeborg:v:72:y:2009:i:2:p:780-795. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.