Do women-owned businesses have equal access to angel capital?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Fay, Michael & Williams, Lesley, 1993. "Gender bias and the availability of business loans," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 363-376, July.
- N. Berger, Allen & F. Udell, Gregory, 1998.
"The economics of small business finance: The roles of private equity and debt markets in the financial growth cycle,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 22(6-8), pages 613-673, August.
- Allen N. Berger & Gregory F. Udell, 1998. "The economics of small business finance: the roles of private equity and debt markets in the financial growth cycle," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1998-15, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Riding, Allan L. & Swift, Catherine S., 1990. "Women business owners and terms of credit: Some empirical findings of the Canadian experience," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 5(5), pages 327-340, September.
- Patricia G. Greene & Candida G. Brush & Myra M. Hart & Patrick Saparito, 2001. "Patterns of venture capital funding: Is gender a factor?," Venture Capital, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(1), pages 63-83, January.
- Fischer, Eileen M. & Reuber, A. Rebecca & Dyke, Lorraine S., 1993. "A theoretical overview and extension of research on sex, gender, and entrepreneurship," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 151-168, March.
- Bates, Timothy, 2002. "Restricted access to markets characterizes women-owned businesses," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 313-324, July.
- Cassar, Gavin, 2004. "The financing of business start-ups," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 261-283, March.
- Gundry, Lisa K. & Welsch, Harold P., 2001. "The ambitious entrepreneur: High growth strategies of women-owned enterprises," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 16(5), pages 453-470, September.
- Nancy Carter & Candida Brush & Patricia Greene & Elizabeth Gatewood & Myra Hart, 2003. "Women entrepreneurs who break through to equity financing: The influence of human, social and financial capital," Venture Capital, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(1), pages 1-28, January.
- Nancy M. Carter & Kathleen R. Allen, 1997. "Size determinants of women-owned businesses: choice or barriers to resources?," Entrepreneurship & Regional Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(3), pages 211-220, January.
- BodenJR., Richard J. & Nucci, Alfred R., 2000. "On the survival prospects of men's and women's new business ventures," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 347-362, July.
- Buttner, E. Holly & Rosen, Benson, 1988. "Bank loan officers' perceptions of the characteristics of men, women, and successful entrepreneurs," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 249-258.
- Cliff, Jennifer E., 1998. "Does one size fit all? exploring the relationship between attitudes towards growth, gender, and business size," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 13(6), pages 523-542, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mariavittoria Cicellin & Donata Mussolino & Riccardo ViganÃ², 2015. "Gender diversity and father-daughter relationships: understanding the role of paternalistic leadership in family firm succession," International Journal of Business Governance and Ethics, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 10(1), pages 97-118.
- Julie Elston & Sandy Chen & Alois Weidinger, 2016.
"The role of informal capital on new venture formation and growth in China,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 46(1), pages 79-91, January.
- Julie Ann Elston & Sandy Chen & Alois Weidinger, 2016. "The role of informal capital on new venture formation and growth in China," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 46(1), pages 79-91, January.
- Sara Poggesi & Michela Mari & Luisa Vita, 2016. "What’s new in female entrepreneurship research? Answers from the literature," International Entrepreneurship and Management Journal, Springer, vol. 12(3), pages 735-764, September.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/13123 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bradley, Samantha R. & Gicheva, Dora & Hassell, Lydia & Link, Albert N., 2013. "Gender Differences in Access to Private Investment Funding to Support the Development of New Technologies," UNCG Economics Working Papers 13-9, University of North Carolina at Greensboro, Department of Economics.
- Andrew Burke & André Stel & Chantal Hartog & Abdel Ichou, 2014. "What determines the level of informal venture finance investment? Market clearing forces and gender effects," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 42(3), pages 467-484, March.
- Luisa De Vita & Michela Mari & Sara Poggesi, 2012. "Female Entrepreneurship Research: A Classification of Results," DSI Essays Series, DSI - Dipartimento di Studi sull'Impresa, vol. 26.
- Werner Bönte & Monika Piegeler, 2013. "Gender gap in latent and nascent entrepreneurship: driven by competitiveness," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 41(4), pages 961-987, December.
- Tindara Abbate & Maria Cristina Cinici, 2014. "Imprenditorialità femminile, innovazione e radicamento al territorio: un approccio fenomenologico all’analisi del settore vitivinicolo in Sicilia," ESPERIENZE D'IMPRESA, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2014(1), pages 79-107.
- repec:eee:jbvent:v:32:y:2017:i:6:p:707-725 is not listed on IDEAS
- Paglia, John K. & Harjoto, Maretno A., 2014. "The effects of private equity and venture capital on sales and employment growth in small and medium-sized businesses," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 177-197.
- Klyver, Kim & Nielsen, Suna Løwe & Evald, Majbritt Rostgaard, 2013. "Women's self-employment: An act of institutional (dis)integration? A multilevel, cross-country study," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 474-488.
- repec:zbw:ifwebk:170571 is not listed on IDEAS
- Susan Coleman & Alicia Robb, 2009. "A comparison of new firm financing by gender: evidence from the Kauffman Firm Survey data," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 33(4), pages 397-411, December.
- Navarat Sachayansrisakul, 2016. "Positive influences of 'Buddhism' on successful female entrepreneurs," World Review of Entrepreneurship, Management and Sustainable Development, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 12(2/3), pages 352-362.
- Zhang, Zhen & Zyphur, Michael J. & Narayanan, Jayanth & Arvey, Richard D. & Chaturvedi, Sankalp & Avolio, Bruce J. & Lichtenstein, Paul & Larsson, Gerry, 2009. "The genetic basis of entrepreneurship: Effects of gender and personality," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 110(2), pages 93-107, November.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbvent:v:22:y:2007:i:4:p:503-521. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusvent .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.