Bootstrapping in small firms: An empirical analysis of change over time
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Robert E. Carpenter & Bruce C. Petersen, 2002. "Is The Growth Of Small Firms Constrained By Internal Finance?," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 84(2), pages 298-309, May.
- Smith, Janet Kiholm, 1987. " Trade Credit and Informational Asymmetry," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 42(4), pages 863-872, September.
- Douglas Holtz-Eakin & David Joulfaian & Harvey S. Rosen, 1994.
"Entrepreneurial Decisions and Liquidity Constraints,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 25(2), pages 334-347, Summer.
- Douglas Holtz-Eakin & David Joulfaian & Harvey S. Rosen, 1992. "Entrepreneurial Decisions and Liquidity Constraints," Working Papers 679, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Holtz-Eakin, D. & Joulfaian, D. & Rosen, H.S., 1992. "Entrepreneurial Decisions and Liquidity Constraints," Papers 129, Princeton, Department of Economics - Financial Research Center.
- Douglas Holtz-Eakin & David Joulfaian & Harvey S. Rosen, 1993. "Entrepreneurial Decisions and Liquidity Constraints," NBER Working Papers 4526, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert Watson & Nick Wilson, 2002. "Small and Medium Size Enterprise Financing: A Note on Some of the Empirical Implications of a Pecking Order," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(3&4), pages 557-578.
- Aaronson, Daniel & Bostic, Raphael W. & Huck, Paul & Townsend, Robert, 2004.
"Supplier relationships and small business use of trade credit,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 46-67, January.
- Daniel Aaronson & Raphael W. Bostic & Paul Huck & Robert M. Townsend, 2000. "Supplier relationships and small business use of trade credit," Working Paper Series WP-00-28, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Winborg, Joakim & Landstrom, Hans, 2001. "Financial bootstrapping in small businesses: Examining small business managers' resource acquisition behaviors," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 235-254, May.
- Egeln, Jurgen & Licht, Georg & Steil, Fabian, 1997. "Firm Foundations and the Role of Financial Constraints," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 9(2), pages 137-150, April.
- Berger, Allen N & Udell, Gregory F, 1995. "Relationship Lending and Lines of Credit in Small Firm Finance," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 68(3), pages 351-381, July.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E & Weiss, Andrew, 1981. "Credit Rationing in Markets with Imperfect Information," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(3), pages 393-410, June.
- Myers, Stewart C., 1984. "Capital structure puzzle," Working papers 1548-84., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Vandenberg, Paul, 2003. "Adapting to the Financial Landscape: Evidence from Small Firms in Nairobi," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(11), pages 1829-1843, November.
- Rajan, Raghuram G & Zingales, Luigi, 1995.
" What Do We Know about Capital Structure? Some Evidence from International Data,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 50(5), pages 1421-1460, December.
- Raghuram G. Rajan & Luigi Zingales, 1994. "What Do We Know About Capital Structure? Some Evidence from International Data," NBER Working Papers 4875, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Norton, Edgar, 1991. "Capital structure and small public firms," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 287-303, July.
- Myers, Stewart C, 1984. " The Capital Structure Puzzle," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 39(3), pages 575-592, July.
- Chee K. Ng & Janet Kiholm Smith & Richard L. Smith, 1999. "Evidence on the Determinants of Credit Terms Used in Interfirm Trade," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 54(3), pages 1109-1129, June.
- Cassar, Gavin, 2004. "The financing of business start-ups," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 261-283, March.
- Cooper, Arnold C. & Woo, Carolyn Y. & Dunkelberg, William C., 1988. "Entrepreneurs' perceived chances for success," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 97-108.
- Stewart C. Myers, 1984. "Capital Structure Puzzle," NBER Working Papers 1393, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Becchetti, Leonardo & Trovato, Giovanni, 2002. "The Determinants of Growth for Small and Medium Sized Firms: The Role of the Availability of External Finance," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 19(4), pages 291-306, December.
- Cooper, Arnold C. & Gimeno-Gascon, F. Javier & Woo, Carolyn Y., 1994. "Initial human and financial capital as predictors of new venture performance," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 9(5), pages 371-395, September.
- Baker, Ted & Miner, Anne S. & Eesley, Dale T., 2003. "Improvising firms: bricolage, account giving and improvisational competencies in the founding process," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 255-276, February.
- Scott Shane & Daniel Cable, 2002. "Network Ties, Reputation, and the Financing of New Ventures," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 48(3), pages 364-381, March.
- Romano, Claudio A. & Tanewski, George A. & Smyrnios, Kosmas X., 2001. "Capital structure decision making: A model for family business," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 285-310, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tomasz Mickiewicz & Frederick Wedzerai Nyakudya & Nicholas Theodorakopoulos & Mark Hart, 2017. "Resource endowment and opportunity cost effects along the stages of entrepreneurship," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 48(4), pages 953-976, April.
- Grichnik, Dietmar & Brinckmann, Jan & Singh, Luv & Manigart, Sophie, 2014. "Beyond environmental scarcity: Human and social capital as driving forces of bootstrapping activities," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 310-326.
- Aurélie SANNAJUST & Fabien ROUX & Anissa CHAIBI, 2014. "Crowdfunding In France: A New Revolution?," Working Papers 2014-234, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- repec:kap:sbusec:v:50:y:2018:i:2:d:10.1007_s11187-016-9829-3 is not listed on IDEAS
- BELLEFLAMME, Paul & LAMBERT, Thomas & SCHWIENBACHER, Armin, 2011. "Crowdfunding: tapping the right crowd," CORE Discussion Papers 2011032, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- repec:eee:jouret:v:84:y:2008:i:1:p:77-94 is not listed on IDEAS
- T. Vanacker & S. Manigart & M. Meuleman & L. Sels, 2011. "Bootstrapping as a Resource Dependence Management Strategy and its Association with Startup Growth," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 11/740, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Tansel Yilmazer & Holly Schrank, 2010. "The Use of Owner Resources in Small and Family Owned Businesses: Literature Review and Future Research Directions," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 31(4), pages 399-413, December.
- Rok Stritar & Mateja Drnovšek, 2016. "What entrepreneurs discover when creating opportunities? Insights from Skype and YouTube ventures," International Entrepreneurship and Management Journal, Springer, vol. 12(3), pages 659-679, September.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbvent:v:21:y:2006:i:6:p:851-865. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusvent .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.