Using founder status, age of firm, and company growth rate as the basis for distinguishing entrepreneurs from managers of smaller businesses
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Miner, John B., 1990. "Entrepreneurs, high growth entrepreneurs, and managers: Contrasting and overlapping motivational patterns," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 221-234, July.
- Duchesneau, Donald A. & Gartner, William B., 1990. "A profile of new venture success and failure in an emerging industry," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 5(5), pages 297-312, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Read, Stuart & Song, Michael & Smit, Willem, 2009. "A meta-analytic review of effectuation and venture performance," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 24(6), pages 573-587, November.
- Verheul, Ingrid & Uhlaner, Lorraine & Thurik, Roy, 2005.
"Business accomplishments, gender and entrepreneurial self-image,"
Journal of Business Venturing,
Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 483-518, July.
- Roy Thurik & Ingrid Verheul & Lorraine Uhlaner, 2003. "Business accomplishments, gender and entrepreneurial self-image," Scales Research Reports N200312, EIM Business and Policy Research.
- Ingrid Verheul & Lorraine Uhlaner & Roy Thurik, 2004. "Business Accomplishments, Gender And Entrepreneurial Self-Image," Papers on Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy 2004-10, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy Group.
- Unger, Jens M. & Rauch, Andreas & Frese, Michael & Rosenbusch, Nina, 2011. "Human capital and entrepreneurial success: A meta-analytical review," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 341-358, May.
- Marcus T. Wolfe & Pankaj C. Patel, 2017. "Instant gratification: temporal discounting and self-employment," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 48(4), pages 861-882, April.
- Leiblein, Michael J. & Reuer, Jeffrey J., 2004. "Building a foreign sales base: the roles of capabilities and alliances for entrepreneurial firms," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 285-307, March.
- White, Roderick E. & Thornhill, Stewart & Hampson, Elizabeth, 2006. "Entrepreneurs and evolutionary biology: The relationship between testosterone and new venture creation," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 100(1), pages 21-34, May.
- Martin Koudstaal & Randolph Sloof & Mirjam van Praag, 2016.
"Risk, Uncertainty, and Entrepreneurship: Evidence from a Lab-in-the-Field Experiment,"
INFORMS, vol. 62(10), pages 2897-2915, October.
- Koudstaal, Martin & Sloof, Randolph & van Praag, Mirjam C., 2014. "Risk, Uncertainty and Entrepreneurship: Evidence from a Lab-in-the-Field Experiment," IZA Discussion Papers 8577, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Martin Koudstaal & Randolph Sloof & Mirjam van Praag, 2014. "Risk, Uncertainty and Entrepreneurship: Evidence From a Lab-in-the-Field Experiment," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 14-136/VII, Tinbergen Institute.
- Fahlenbrach, Rüdiger, 2009.
"Founder-CEOs, Investment Decisions, and Stock Market Performance,"
Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 44(02), pages 439-466, April.
- Fahlenbrach, Rudiger, 2006. "Founder-CEOs, Investment Decisions, and Stock Market Performance," Working Paper Series 2004-20, Ohio State University, Charles A. Dice Center for Research in Financial Economics.
- Tyszka, Tadeusz & Cieslik, Jerzy & Domurat, Artur & Macko, Anna, 2011. "Motivation, self-efficacy, and risk attitudes among entrepreneurs during transition to a market economy," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 124-131, April.
- Heinrichs, Simon & Walter, Sascha, 2013. "Who Becomes an Entrepreneur? A 30-Years-Review of Individual-Level Research and an Agenda for Future Research," EconStor Preprints 68590, ZBW - German National Library of Economics.
- Zeki Simsek & Justin J. P. Jansen & Alessandro Minichilli & Alejandro Escriba-Esteve, 2015. "Strategic Leadership and Leaders in Entrepreneurial Contexts: A Nexus for Innovation and Impact Missed?," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 52(4), pages 463-478, June.
- Randoy, Trond & Goel, Sanjay, 2003. "Ownership structure, founder leadership, and performance in Norwegian SMEs: implications for financing entrepreneurial opportunities," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 619-637, September.
- Kristian Nielsen, 2015. "Human capital and new venture performance: the industry choice and performance of academic entrepreneurs," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 40(3), pages 453-474, June.
- Gao, Ning & Jain, Bharat A., 2011. "Founder CEO management and the long-run investment performance of IPO firms," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(7), pages 1669-1682, July.
- Marcus T. Wolfe & Pankaj C. Patel, 2016. "Grit and self-employment: a multi-country study," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 47(4), pages 853-874, December.
- Holm, Håkan J. & Opper, Sonja & Nee, Victor, 2013. "Entrepeneurs under Uncertainty: an Economic Experiment in China," Knut Wicksell Working Paper Series 2013/1, Lund University, Knut Wicksell Centre for Financial Studies.
- He, Lerong, 2008. "Do founders matter? A study of executive compensation, governance structure and firm performance," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 257-279, May.
- Mayer-Haug, Katrin & Read, Stuart & Brinckmann, Jan & Dew, Nicholas & Grichnik, Dietmar, 2013. "Entrepreneurial talent and venture performance: A meta-analytic investigation of SMEs," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(6), pages 1251-1273.
- Martin Koudstaal & Randolph Sloof & Mirjam van Praag, 2015. "Are Entrepreneurs more Optimistic and Overconfident than Managers and Employees?," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 15-124/VII, Tinbergen Institute.
- Athanassiou, Nicholas & Crittenden, William F. & Kelly, Louise M. & Marquez, Pedro, 2002. "Founder centrality effects on the Mexican family firm's top management group: firm culture, strategic vision and goals, and firm performance," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 139-150, July.
- Christophe Estay & François Durrieu & Manzoom Akhter, 2013. "Entrepreneurship: From motivation to start-up," Journal of International Entrepreneurship, Springer, vol. 11(3), pages 243-267, September.
- StewartJr., Wayne H. & Watson, Warren E. & Carland, Joann C. & Carland, James W., 1999. "A proclivity for entrepreneurship: A comparison of entrepreneurs, small business owners, and corporate managers," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 189-214, March.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbvent:v:10:y:1995:i:3:p:249-263. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusvent .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.