Consumer response to corporate irresponsible behavior: Moral emotions and virtues
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kyoko Fukukawa & William Shafer & Grace Lee, 2007. "Values and Attitudes Toward Social and Environmental Accountability: a Study of MBA Students," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 71(4), pages 381-394, April.
- C. Bhattacharya & Daniel Korschun & Sankar Sen, 2009. "Strengthening Stakeholder–Company Relationships Through Mutually Beneficial Corporate Social Responsibility Initiatives," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 85(2), pages 257-272, April.
- Longinos Marin & Salvador Ruiz & Alicia Rubio, 2009. "The Role of Identity Salience in the Effects of Corporate Social Responsibility on Consumer Behavior," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 84(1), pages 65-78, January.
- Hoffmann, Stefan & Müller, Stefan, 2009. "Consumer boycotts due to factory relocation," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 239-247, February.
- Brockner, Joel & Higgins, E. Tory, 2001. "Regulatory Focus Theory: Implications for the Study of Emotions at Work," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 86(1), pages 35-66, September.
- Fisher, Robert J, 1993. " Social Desirability Bias and the Validity of Indirect Questioning," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 20(2), pages 303-315, September.
- Andrea Stanaland & May Lwin & Patrick Murphy, 2011. "Consumer Perceptions of the Antecedents and Consequences of Corporate Social Responsibility," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 102(1), pages 47-55, August.
- Yuksel, Ulku & Mryteza, Victoria, 2009. "An evaluation of strategic responses to consumer boycotts," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 248-259, February.
- Brunk, Katja H., 2010. "Exploring origins of ethical company/brand perceptions -- A consumer perspective of corporate ethics," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 63(3), pages 255-262, March.
- Smith, N. Craig & Palazzo, Guido & Bhattacharya, C. B., 2010. "Marketing’s Consequences: Stakeholder Marketing and Supply Chain Corporate Social Responsibility Issues," Business Ethics Quarterly, Cambridge University Press, vol. 20(04), pages 617-641, October.
- Huber, Frank & Vollhardt, Kai & Matthes, Isabel & Vogel, Johannes, 2010. "Brand misconduct: Consequences on consumer-brand relationships," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 63(11), pages 1113-1120, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:touman:v:54:y:2016:i:c:p:209-220 is not listed on IDEAS
- Singhapakdi, Anusorn & Lee, Dong-Jin & Sirgy, M. Joseph & Senasu, Kalayanee, 2015. "The impact of incongruity between an organization's CSR orientation and its employees' CSR orientation on employees' quality of work life," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 60-66.
- Dong Lu & Yide Liu & Hongfeng Zhang & Ivan K. W. Lai, 2016. "The Ethical Judgment and Moral Reaction to the Product-Harm Crisis: Theoretical Model and Empirical Research," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(7), pages 1-17, July.
- Joon Sung Lee & Dae Hee Kwak, 2016. "Consumers’ Responses to Public Figures’ Transgression: Moral Reasoning Strategies and Implications for Endorsed Brands," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 137(1), pages 101-113, August.
- Palihawadana, Dayananda & Oghazi, Pejvak & Liu, Yeyi, 2016. "Effects of ethical ideologies and perceptions of CSR on consumer behavior," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(11), pages 4964-4969.
- repec:kap:jbuset:v:146:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s10551-016-3237-0 is not listed on IDEAS
- Paolo Antonetti & Stan Maklan, 2016. "An Extended Model of Moral Outrage at Corporate Social Irresponsibility," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 135(3), pages 429-444, May.
- Antonetti, Paolo & Anesa, Mattia, 2017. "Consumer reactions to corporate tax strategies: The role of political ideology," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 1-10.
- Cristel Antonia Russell & Dale W. Russell & Heather Honea, 2016. "Corporate Social Responsibility Failures: How do Consumers Respond to Corporate Violations of Implied Social Contracts?," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 136(4), pages 759-773, July.
More about this item
KeywordsCorporate social responsibility; Moral emotions; Other-regarding virtues; Negative word of mouth; Protest behaviors;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbrese:v:66:y:2013:i:10:p:1814-1821. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusres .