Market signals and relative preference: the moderating effects of conflicting information, decision focus, and need for cognition
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Inman, J Jeffrey & Peter, Anil C & Raghubir, Priya, 1997. " Framing the Deal: The Role of Restrictions in Accentuating Deal Value," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 24(1), pages 68-79, June.
- Bailey, James R., 1997. "Need for cognition and response mode in the active construction of an information domain," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 69-85, February.
- Ippolito, Pauline M, 1990. "Bonding and Nonbonding Signals of Product Quality," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 63(1), pages 41-60, January.
- Price, Lydia J. & Dawar, Niraj, 2002. "The joint effects of brands and warranties in signaling new product quality," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 165-190, April.
- Inman, J Jeffrey & McAlister, Leigh & Hoyer, Wayne D, 1990. " Promotion Signal: Proxy for a Price Cut?," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 17(1), pages 74-81, June.
- Jean Tirole, 1988. "The Theory of Industrial Organization," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262200716, January.
- Kihlstrom, Richard E & Riordan, Michael H, 1984. "Advertising as a Signal," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 92(3), pages 427-450, June.
- Rao, Akshay R & Bergen, Mark E, 1992. " Price Premium Variations as a Consequence of Buyers' Lack of Information," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(3), pages 412-423, December.
- Bloom, Paul N. & Reve, Torger, 1990. "Transmitting signals to consumers for competitive advantage," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 58-66.
- Birger Wernerfelt, 1988. "Umbrella Branding as a Signal of New Product Quality: An Example of Signalling by Posting a Bond," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 19(3), pages 458-466, Autumn.
- Aaker, Jennifer L & Lee, Angela Y, 2001. " "I" Seek Pleasures and "We" Avoid Pains: The Role of Self-Regulatory Goals in Information Processing and Persuasion," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 28(1), pages 33-49, June.
- George A. Akerlof, 1970. "The Market for "Lemons": Quality Uncertainty and the Market Mechanism," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 84(3), pages 488-500.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lázár Ede, 2014. "Quantifying the Economic Value of Warranties: A Survey," Acta Universitatis Sapientiae, Economics and Business, De Gruyter Open, vol. 2(1), pages 75-94, October.
- Ynte Dam & Janneke Jonge, 2015. "The Positive Side of Negative Labelling," Journal of Consumer Policy, Springer, vol. 38(1), pages 19-38, March.
- Nicolau, Juan Luis & Sellers, Ricardo, 2010. "The quality of quality awards: Diminishing information asymmetries in a hotel chain," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 63(8), pages 832-839, August.
- Chatterjee, Subimal & Malshe, Ashwin Vinod & Heath, Timothy B., 2010. "The effect of mixed versus blocked sequencing of promotion and prevention features on brand evaluation: The moderating role of regulatory focus," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 63(12), pages 1290-1294, December.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbrese:v:58:y:2005:i:10:p:1362-1370. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusres .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.