Market signals and relative preference: the moderating effects of conflicting information, decision focus, and need for cognition
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jean Tirole, 1988. "The Theory of Industrial Organization," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262200716, June.
- Inman, J Jeffrey & McAlister, Leigh & Hoyer, Wayne D, 1990. " Promotion Signal: Proxy for a Price Cut?," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 17(1), pages 74-81, June.
- Ippolito, Pauline M, 1990. "Bonding and Nonbonding Signals of Product Quality," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 63(1), pages 41-60, January.
- Bailey, James R., 1997. "Need for cognition and response mode in the active construction of an information domain," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 69-85, February.
- Bloom, Paul N. & Reve, Torger, 1990. "Transmitting signals to consumers for competitive advantage," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 58-66.
- Kihlstrom, Richard E & Riordan, Michael H, 1984. "Advertising as a Signal," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 92(3), pages 427-50, June.
- Aaker, Jennifer L & Lee, Angela Y, 2001. " "I" Seek Pleasures and "We" Avoid Pains: The Role of Self-Regulatory Goals in Information Processing and Persuasion," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 28(1), pages 33-49, June.
- Inman, J Jeffrey & Peter, Anil C & Raghubir, Priya, 1997. " Framing the Deal: The Role of Restrictions in Accentuating Deal Value," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 24(1), pages 68-79, June.
- Price, Lydia J. & Dawar, Niraj, 2002. "The joint effects of brands and warranties in signaling new product quality," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 165-190, April.
- Akerlof, George A, 1970. "The Market for 'Lemons': Quality Uncertainty and the Market Mechanism," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 84(3), pages 488-500, August.
- Birger Wernerfelt, 1988. "Umbrella Branding as a Signal of New Product Quality: An Example of Signalling by Posting a Bond," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 19(3), pages 458-466, Autumn.
- Rao, Akshay R & Bergen, Mark E, 1992. " Price Premium Variations as a Consequence of Buyers' Lack of Information," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 19(3), pages 412-23, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbrese:v:58:y:2005:i:10:p:1362-1370. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.