Switching costs and relationship profits in bank lending
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- J. Miguel Villas-Boas & Udo Schmidt-Mohr, 1999. "Oligopoly with Asymmetric Information: Differentiation in Credit Markets," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 30(3), pages 375-396, Autumn.
- Sharpe, Steven A, 1990.
" Asymmetric Information, Bank Lending, and Implicit Contracts: A Stylized Model of Customer Relationships,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 45(4), pages 1069-1087, September.
- Steven A. Sharpe, 1989. "Asymmetric information, bank lending, and implicit contracts: a stylized model of customer relationships," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 70, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Arnoud W. A. Boot & Anjan V. Thakor, 2000. "Can Relationship Banking Survive Competition?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 55(2), pages 679-713, April.
- Krishna, Vijay, 2009. "Auction Theory," Elsevier Monographs, Elsevier, edition 2, number 9780123745071.
- Cole, Rebel A., 1998. "The importance of relationships to the availability of credit," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(6-8), pages 959-977, August.
- Kim, Moshe & Kliger, Doron & Vale, Bent, 2003. "Estimating switching costs: the case of banking," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 25-56, January.
- Elsas, Ralf, 2005. "Empirical determinants of relationship lending," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 32-57, January.
- Dell'Ariccia, Giovanni & Marquez, Robert, 2004. "Information and bank credit allocation," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 185-214, April.
- Broecker, Thorsten, 1990. "Credit-Worthiness Tests and Interbank Competition," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 58(2), pages 429-452, March.
- Robert Hauswald & Robert Marquez, 2006. "Competition and Strategic Information Acquisition in Credit Markets," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 19(3), pages 967-1000.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Stephan, Andreas & Tsapin, Andriy & Talavera, Oleksandr, 2009.
"Why Do Firms Switch Their Main Bank? - theory and evidence from Ukraine,"
Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation
180, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Andreas Stephan & Andriy Tsapin & Oleksandr Talavera, 2009. "Why Do Firms Switch Their Main Bank?: Theory and Evidence from Ukraine," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 894, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Sakai, Koji & Uesugi, Iichiro & Watanabe, Tsutomu, 2010.
"Firm age and the evolution of borrowing costs: Evidence from Japanese small firms,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 34(8), pages 1970-1981, August.
- Koji Sakai & Iichiro Uesugi & Tsutomu Watanabe, 2005. "Firm Age and the Evolution of Borrowing Costs: Evidence from Japanese Small Firms," Discussion papers 05026, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Sakai, Koji & Uesugi, Iichiro & Watanabe, Tsutomu, 2008. "Firm Age and the Evolution of Borrowing Costs: Evidence from Japanese Small Firms," PIE/CIS Discussion Paper 354, Center for Intergenerational Studies, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- repec:kap:rqfnac:v:49:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s11156-016-0601-1 is not listed on IDEAS
- António Pedro Soares Pinto & Mário Gomes Augusto & Pedro M. Gama, 2010. "Bank Relationships And Corporate Governance: A Survey Of The Literature From The Perspective Of Smes," Portuguese Journal of Management Studies, ISEG, Universidade de Lisboa, vol. 0(1), pages 65-85.
- Andreas Stephan & Andriy Tsapin & Oleksandr Talavera, 2012.
"Main Bank Power, Switching Costs, and Firm Performance: Theory and Evidence from Ukraine,"
Emerging Markets Finance and Trade,
M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 48(2), pages 76-93, March.
- Andreas Stephan & Andriy Tsapin & Oleksandr Talavera, 2012. "Main Bank Power, Switching Costs, and Firm Performance: Theory and Evidence from Ukraine," Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(2), pages 76-93, March.
- Stephan, Andreas & Tsapin , Andriy & Talavera, Oleksandr, 2011. "Main Bank Power, Switching Costs, and Firm Performance: Theory and Evidence from Ukraine," JIBS Working Papers 2011-7, Jönköping International Business School.
- Andreas Stephan & Oleksandr Talavera & Andriy Tsapin, 2011. "Main bank power, Switching Costs, and Firm Performance. Evidence from Ukraine," University of East Anglia Applied and Financial Economics Working Paper Series 026, School of Economics, University of East Anglia, Norwich, UK..
- Barone, Guglielmo & Felici, Roberto & Pagnini, Marcello, 2011. "Switching costs in local credit markets," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 694-704.
- Ahn, Sungyoon & Choi, Wooseok, 2009. "The role of bank monitoring in corporate governance: Evidence from borrowers' earnings management behavior," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 425-434, February.
- Yin, Wei & Matthews, Kent, 2014. "The determinants and profitability of switching costs in Chinese banking," Cardiff Economics Working Papers E2014/13, Cardiff University, Cardiff Business School, Economics Section.
- Mersland, Roy & Øystein Strøm, R., 2009. "Performance and governance in microfinance institutions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 662-669, April.
- Yin, Wei & Matthews, Kent, 2014. "Why do firms switch banks? Evidence from China," Cardiff Economics Working Papers E2014/17, Cardiff University, Cardiff Business School, Economics Section.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbfina:v:31:y:2007:i:2:p:477-493. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbf .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.