Intraday futures market behaviour around major scheduled macroeconomic announcements: Australian evidence
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lease, Ronald C & Masulis, Ronald W & Page, John R, 1991. " An Investigation of Market Microstructure Impacts on Event Study Returns," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(4), pages 1523-1536, September.
- repec:bla:joares:v:19:y:1981:i:2:p:374-383 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ederington, Louis H. & Lee, Jae Ha, 1995. "The Short-Run Dynamics of the Price Adjustment to New Information," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 30(01), pages 117-134, March.
- Aitken, Michael & Ferris, George, 1991. "A note on the effect of controlling for transaction costs on the small firm anomaly: Additional Australian evidence," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(6), pages 1195-1202, December.
- Stoll, Hans R, 1978.
"The Pricing of Security Dealer Services: An Empirical Study of NASDAQ Stocks,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 33(4), pages 1153-1172, September.
- Hans R. Stoll, "undated". "The Pricing of Security Dealer Services: An Empirical Study of NASDAQ Stocks," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 13-77, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- McInish, Thomas H & Wood, Robert A, 1992. " An Analysis of Intraday Patterns in Bid/Ask Spreads for NYSE Stocks," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(2), pages 753-764, June.
- Jones, Charles M & Kaul, Gautam & Lipson, Marc L, 1994. "Transactions, Volume, and Volatility," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 7(4), pages 631-651.
- Venkatesh, P C, 1992. "Empirical Evidence on the Impact of the Bid-Ask Spread on the Characteristics of CRSP Daily Returns," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 15(2), pages 113-125, Summer.
- Ederington, Louis H & Lee, Jae Ha, 1993. " How Markets Process Information: News Releases and Volatility," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 48(4), pages 1161-1191, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Grothe, Magdalena, 2010. "Price and trading response to public information," Working Paper Series 1177, European Central Bank.
- Apergis, Nicholas, 2015. "The role of FOMC minutes for US asset prices before and after the 2008 crisis: Evidence from GARCH volatility modeling," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 100-107.
- Lee A. Smales, 2013. "Impact Of Macroeconomic Announcements On Interest Rate Futures: High-Frequency Evidence From Australia," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 36(3), pages 371-388, September.
- Smales, Lee A., 2015. "Asymmetric volatility response to news sentiment in gold futures," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 161-172.
- Smales, Lee A., 2012. "30-Day Interbank futures: Investigating the process of price discovery following RBA cash target rate announcements," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 1006-1023.
- Smales, Lee A., 2016. "Order aggressiveness of different broker-types in response to monetary policy news," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 40(PB), pages 367-383.
- Rühl, Tobias R. & Stein, Michael, 2015. "The impact of ECB macro-announcements on bid–ask spreads of European blue chips," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 54-71.
- Grant, James L. & Wolf, Avner & Yu, Susana, 2005. "Intraday price reversals in the US stock index futures market: A 15-year study," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(5), pages 1311-1327, May.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbfina:v:25:y:2001:i:7:p:1319-1337. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbf .