Avoiding bank runs in transition economies: The role of risk neutral capital
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- W. F. Sharpe, 1981.
"Bank Capital Adequacy, Deposit Insurance, and Security Values,"
NBER Chapters, in: Risk and Capital Adequacy in Commercial Banks, pages 187-202,
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sharpe, William F., 1978. "Bank Capital Adequacy, Deposit Insurance and Security Values," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 13(4), pages 701-718, November.
- Villamil, A P, 1991. "Demand Deposit Contracts, Suspension of Convertibility, and Optimal Financial Intermediation," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 1(3), pages 277-288, July.
- Douglas W. Diamond & Philip H. Dybvig, 2000. "Bank runs, deposit insurance, and liquidity," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, vol. 24(Win), pages 14-23.
- Jacklin, Charles J., 1993. "Market rate versus fixed rate demand deposits," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 237-258, November.
- Buser, Stephen A & Chen, Andrew H & Kane, Edward J, 1981. "Federal Deposit Insurance, Regulatory Policy, and Optimal Bank Capital," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 36(1), pages 51-60, March.
- Alonso, Irasema, 1996. "On avoiding bank runs," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 73-87, February.
- Neil Wallace, 1988. "Another attempt to explain an illiquid banking system: the Diamond and Dybvig model with sequential service taken seriously," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, vol. 12(Fall), pages 3-16.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jean-Baptiste Desquilbet & Fedi Kalai, 2013. "Contrat De Depot Et Partage Du Risque De Liquidite Dans La Banque Islamique :Une Approche A La Diamond Et Dybvig: Deposit Contracts And Liquidity Risk Sharing In Islamic Banks: A Diamond And Dybvig Ap," Brussels Economic Review, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles, vol. 56(3-4), pages 389-412.
- Juha-Pekka Niinimäki, 2003. "Maturity Transformation without Maturity Mismatch and Bank Panics," Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE), Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 159(3), pages 511-522, September.
- Abdul Karim, Mastura & Hassan, M. Kabir & Hassan, Taufiq & Mohamad, Shamsher, 2014. "Capital adequacy and lending and deposit behaviors of conventional and Islamic banks," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 58-75.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Dwyer Jr., Gerald P. & Samartín, Margarita, 2009.
"Why do banks promise to pay par on demand?,"
Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 147-169, June.
- Margarita SamartÃn & Gerald Dwyer, 2004. "Why do banks promise to pay par on demand?," 2004 Meeting Papers 372, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Gerald P. Dwyer & Margarita Samartin, 2006. "Why do banks promise to pay par on demand?," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 2006-26, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Margarita Samartin & Gerald Dwyer, 2004. "Why do Banks Promise to Pay Par on Demand?," 2004 Meeting Papers 180c, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- De Nicolo, Gianni, 1996. "Run-proof banking without suspension or deposit insurance," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 377-390, October.
- Niinimaki, Juha-Pekka, 2002. "Do time deposits prevent bank runs?," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 19-31, February.
- Temzelides, Theodosios, 1997. "Evolution, coordination, and banking panics," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 163-183, September.
- Gary Gorton & Andrew Winton, "undated". "Bank Capital Regulation in General Equilibrium," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 17-95, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Loewy, Michael B., 1998. "Information-Based Bank Runs in a Monetary Economy," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 681-702, October.
- Huberto M. Ennis & Todd Keister, 2009.
"Bank Runs and Institutions: The Perils of Intervention,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 99(4), pages 1588-1607, September.
- Huberto M. Ennis & Todd Keister, 2007. "Bank runs and institutions : the perils of intervention," Working Paper 07-02, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond.
- Al-Jarhi, Mabid Ali, 2004.
"Remedy For Banking Crises: What Chicago And Islam Have In Common: A Comment,"
Islamic Economic Studies, The Islamic Research and Training Institute (IRTI), vol. 11, pages 24-42.
- Al-Jarhi, Mabid, 2004. "Remedy for Banking Crises: What Chicago and Islam Have In Common: A Comment," MPRA Paper 66733, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Samartin, Margarita, 2003. "Should bank runs be prevented?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 977-1000, May.
- Gorton, Gary & Winton, Andrew, 2003.
Handbook of the Economics of Finance, in: G.M. Constantinides & M. Harris & R. M. Stulz (ed.), Handbook of the Economics of Finance, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 8, pages 431-552,
- Gary Gorton & Andrew Winton, 2002. "Financial Intermediation," NBER Working Papers 8928, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gary Gorton & Andrew Winton, 2002. "Financial Intermediation," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 02-28, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Lazopoulos, Ioannis, 2013.
"Liquidity uncertainty and intermediation,"
Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 403-414.
- Ioannis Lazopoulos, 2010. "Optimal Intermediation Under Aggregate Consumption Uncertainty," School of Economics Discussion Papers 0710, School of Economics, University of Surrey.
- Franklin Allen & Douglas Gale, 2003. "Financial Fragility, Liquidity and Asset Prices," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 01-37, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- von Thadden, Ernst-Ludwig, 1997.
"The term-structure of investment and the banks' insurance function,"
European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 41(7), pages 1355-1374, July.
- Ernst-Ludwig VON THADDEN, 1996. "The Term-Structure of Investment and the Banks' Insurance Function," Cahiers de Recherches Economiques du Département d'économie 9606, Université de Lausanne, Faculté des HEC, Département d’économie.
- Ioannis Lazopoulos, 2005. "Cycles And Banking Crisis," Money Macro and Finance (MMF) Research Group Conference 2005 15, Money Macro and Finance Research Group.
- Loewy Michael B., 2003. "``To Furnish an Elastic Currency'': Banking, Aggregate Risk, and Welfare," The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics, De Gruyter, vol. 3(1), pages 1-19, March.
- Huberto M. Ennis & Todd Keister, 2007. "Commitment and equilibrium bank runs," Staff Reports 274, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Kučinskas, Simas, 2019. "Aggregate risk and efficiency of mutual funds," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 101(C), pages 1-11.
- David Andolfatto & Ed Nosal, 2006.
"Moral hazard in the Diamond-Dybvig model of banking,"
Working Papers (Old Series)
0623, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Ed Nosal & David Andolfatto, 2007. "Moral Hazard in the Diamond-Dybvig Model of Banking," 2007 Meeting Papers 221, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Andolfatto, David & Nosal, Ed, 2006. "Moral Hazard in the Diamond-Dybvig Model of Banking," MPRA Paper 1337, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Huberto Ennis & Todd Keister, 2016. "Optimal banking contracts and financial fragility," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 61(2), pages 335-363, February.
- Thomas L. Hogan & William J. Luther, 2016.
"The Implicit Costs of Government Deposit Insurance,"
Journal of Private Enterprise, The Association of Private Enterprise Education, vol. 31(Summer 20), pages 1-13.
- Thomas L. Hogan & William J. Luther, 2014. "The Explicit Costs of Government Deposit Insurance," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 34(1), pages 145-170, Winter.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbfina:v:24:y:2000:i:4:p:625-642. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Nithya Sathishkumar). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbf .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.