Subsidiary role development: The effect of micro-political headquarters-subsidiary negotiations on the product, market and value-added scope of foreign-owned subsidiaries
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Welch, Catherine & Marschan-Piekkari, Rebecca & Penttinen, Heli & Tahvanainen, Marja, 2002. "Corporate elites as informants in qualitative international business research," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 11(5), pages 611-628, October.
- Julian Birkinshaw, 1996. "How Multinational Subsidiary Mandates are Gained and Lost," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 27(3), pages 467-495, September.
- Hood, Neil & Young, Stephen & Lal, David, 1994. "Strategic evolution within Japanese manufacturing plants in Europe: UK evidence," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 97-122, June.
- G R G Benito & B Grøgaard & R Narula, 2003. "Environmental influences on MNE subsidiary roles: economic integration and the Nordic countries," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 34(5), pages 443-456, September.
- Ulf Holm & Anders Malmberg & Orjan S–lvell, 2003. "Subsidiary impact on host-country economies--the case of foreign-owned subsidiaries attracting investment into sweden," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 3(4), pages 389-408, October.
- Klaus E. Meyer & Enese Lieb-Dóczy, 2003. "Post-Acquisition Restructuring as Evolutionary Process," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(2), pages 459-482, March.
- Kendall Roth & Allen J Morrison, 1992. "Implementing Global Strategy: Characteristics of Global Subsidiary Mandates," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 23(4), pages 715-735, December.
- Birkinshaw, Julian & Hood, Neil & Young, Stephen, 2005. "Subsidiary entrepreneurship, internal and external competitive forces, and subsidiary performance," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 227-248, April.
- Dörrenbächer, Christoph & Gammelgaard, Jens, 2006. "Subsidiary redefinition: Charter loss in a German-owned subsidiary in Hungary," Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Internationalization and Organization SP III 2006-201, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
- Birkinshaw, Julian & Ridderstråle, Jonas, 1999. "Fighting the corporate immune system: a process study of subsidiary initiatives in multinational corporations," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 149-180, April.
- Pearce, Robert, 1999. "The evolution of technology in multinational enterprises: the role of creative subsidiaries," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 125-148, April.
- Julian Birkinshaw & Neil Hood, 2000. "Characteristics of Foreign Subsidiaries in Industry Clusters," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 31(1), pages 141-154, March.
- Neil Hood & James Taggart, 1999. "Subsidiary Development in German and Japanese Manufacturing Subsidiaries in the British Isles," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(6), pages 513-528.
- Alan M. Rugman & Sheila Douglas, 1986. "The Strategic Management of Multinationals and World Product Mandating," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 12(2), pages 320-328, June.
- Forsgren, Mats, 1990. "Managing the international multi-centre firm: Case studies from Sweden," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 261-267, June.
- Thomas W Malnight, 1996. "The Transition from Decentralized to Network-Based MNC Structures: An Evolutionary Perspective," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 27(1), pages 43-65, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Najafi-Tavani, Zhaleh & Giroud, Axèle & Andersson, Ulf, 2014. "The interplay of networking activities and internal knowledge actions for subsidiary influence within MNCs," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 122-131.
- Williams, Christopher & Lee, Soo Hee, 2009. "International management, political arena and dispersed entrepreneurship in the MNC," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 287-299, July.
- Schotter, Andreas & Beamish, Paul W., 2011. "Performance effects of MNC headquarters-subsidiary conflict and the role of boundary spanners: The case of headquarter initiative rejection," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 243-259, September.
- repec:eee:worbus:v:53:y:2018:i:2:p:248-262 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jindra, Björn & Giroud, Axèle & Scott-Kennel, Joanna, 2009. "Subsidiary roles, vertical linkages and economic development: Lessons from transition economies," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 167-179, April.
- Achcaoucaou, Fariza & Miravitlles, Paloma & León-Darder, Fidel, 2017. "Do we really know the predictors of competence-creating R&D subsidiaries? Uncovering the mediation of dual network embeddedness," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 116(C), pages 181-195.
- Achcaoucaou, Fariza & Miravitlles, Paloma & León-Darder, Fidel, 2014. "Knowledge sharing and subsidiary R&D mandate development: A matter of dual embeddedness," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 76-90.
- de Jong, Gjalt & van Dut, Vo & Jindra, Björn & Marek, Philipp, 2015. "Does country context distance determine subsidiary decision-making autonomy? Theory and evidence from European transition economies," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 24(5), pages 874-889.
- Gauselmann, Andrea, 2013. "R&D Co-operation in European Post-transition Economies," IWH Discussion Papers 4/2013, Halle Institute for Economic Research (IWH).
- repec:spr:manint:v:49:y:2009:i:1:d:10.1007_s11575-008-0123-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gnyawali, Devi R. & Singal, Manisha & Mu, Shaohua Carolyn, 2009. "Knowledge ties among subsidiaries in MNCs: A multi-level conceptual model," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 387-400, December.
More about this item
KeywordsMultinational corporations Foreign subsidiary Subsidiary role development Micro-politics Headquarters-subsidiary relationships;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:intman:v:12:y:2006:i:3:p:266-283. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/601266/description#description .