Price discovery in high and low volatility periods: open outcry versus electronic trading
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 8 (1998)
Issue (Month): 3-4 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/intfin|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Balke, Nathan S. & Fomby, Thomas B., 1992.
9209, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Johansen, Soren, 1991. "Estimation and Hypothesis Testing of Cointegration Vectors in Gaussian Vector Autoregressive Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(6), pages 1551-80, November.
- Franke, Günter & Hess, Dieter, 1995. "Anonymous electronic trading versus floor trading," Discussion Papers, Series II 285, University of Konstanz, Collaborative Research Centre (SFB) 178 "Internationalization of the Economy".
- Paul Kofman & James T. Moser, 1995.
"Spreads, information flows and transparency across trading systems,"
Working Paper Series, Issues in Financial Regulation
95-1, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Paul Kofman & James Moser, 1997. "Spreads, information flows and transparency across trading systems," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(3), pages 281-294.
- Hasbrouck, Joel, 1995. " One Security, Many Markets: Determining the Contributions to Price Discovery," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 50(4), pages 1175-99, September.
- Glosten, Lawrence R, 1994. " Is the Electronic Open Limit Order Book Inevitable?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 49(4), pages 1127-61, September.
- George, Thomas J & Kaul, Gautam & Nimalendran, M, 1991. "Estimation of the Bid-Ask Spread and Its Components: A New Approach," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 4(4), pages 623-56.
- Engle, Robert F & Granger, Clive W J, 1987.
"Co-integration and Error Correction: Representation, Estimation, and Testing,"
Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 251-76, March.
- Engle, Robert & Granger, Clive, 2015. "Co-integration and error correction: Representation, estimation, and testing," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 39(3), pages 106-135.
- de Jong, F.C.J.M. & Nijman, T.E. & Roell, A.A., 1993.
"A comparison of the cost of trading French shares on the Paris Bourse and on SEAQ International,"
1993-29, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- de Jong, Frank & Nijman, Theo & Roell, Ailsa, 1995. "A comparison of the cost of trading French shares on the Paris Bourse and on SEAQ International," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 39(7), pages 1277-1301, August.
- Huang, Roger D. & Stoll, Hans R., 1996. "Dealer versus auction markets: A paired comparison of execution costs on NASDAQ and the NYSE," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 313-357, July.
- Ananth N. Madhavan, .
"Trading Mechanisms in Securities Markets,"
Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers
16-90, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Ailsa Röell & Marco Pagano, 1991.
"Auction and Dealership Markets: What is the Difference?,"
FMG Discussion Papers
dp125, Financial Markets Group.
- Pagano, Marco & Roell, Ailsa, 1992. "Auction and dealership markets : What is the difference?," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 36(2-3), pages 613-623, April.
- Glosten, Lawrence R. & Milgrom, Paul R., 1985.
"Bid, ask and transaction prices in a specialist market with heterogeneously informed traders,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 71-100, March.
- Lawrence R. Glosten & Paul R. Milgrom, 1983. "Bid, Ask and Transaction Prices in a Specialist Market with Heterogeneously Informed Traders," Discussion Papers 570, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Stoll, Hans R, 1989. " Inferring the Components of the Bid-Ask Spread: Theory and Empirical Tests," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 44(1), pages 115-34, March.
- de Jong, F.C.J.M. & Nijman, T.E. & Röell, A.A., 1995. "A comparison of the cost of trading French shares on the Paris Bourse and on SEAQ International," Other publications TiSEM 909cfa6b-a4be-4b4b-b214-f, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- deB. Harris, Frederick H. & McInish, Thomas H. & Shoesmith, Gary L. & Wood, Robert A., 1995. "Cointegration, Error Correction, and Price Discovery on Informationally Linked Security Markets," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 30(04), pages 563-579, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:intfin:v:8:y:1998:i:3-4:p:243-260. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.