Gold factor exposures in international asset pricing
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ross, Stephen A., 1976.
"The arbitrage theory of capital asset pricing,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 341-360, December.
- Stephen A. Ross, "undated". "The Arbitrage Theory of Capital Asset Pricing," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 02-73, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Stephen A. Ross, "undated". "The Arbitrage Theory of Capital Asset Pricing," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 2-73, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Merton, Robert C, 1973. "An Intertemporal Capital Asset Pricing Model," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 41(5), pages 867-887, September.
- French, Kenneth R & Ruback, Richard S & Schwert, G William, 1983. "Effects of Nominal Contracting on Stock Returns," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(1), pages 70-96, February.
- Shanken, Jay, 1990. "Intertemporal asset pricing : An Empirical Investigation," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 45(1-2), pages 99-120.
- Selvanathan, Saroja & Selvanathan, E. A., 1999. "The effect of the price of gold on its production: a time-series analysis," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 265-275, December.
- Raymond Kan & Chu Zhang, 1999. "Two-Pass Tests of Asset Pricing Models with Useless Factors," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 54(1), pages 203-235, February.
- Sjaastad, Larry A. & Scacciavillani, Fabio, 1996. "The price of gold and the exchange rate," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(6), pages 879-897, December.
- Gulnur Muradoglu & Nese Akkaya & Jamel Chafra, 1998. "The effect of the establishment of an organized exchange on weak form efficiency: the case of Istanbul Gold Exchange," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(1), pages 85-92.
- Peter Tufano, 1998. "The Determinants of Stock Price Exposure: Financial Engineering and the Gold Mining Industry," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 53(3), pages 1015-1052, June.
- Solt, Michael E & Swanson, Paul J, 1981. "On the Efficiency of the Markets for Gold and Silver," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 54(3), pages 453-478, July.
- Tufano, Peter, 1996. " Who Manages Risk? An Empirical Examination of Risk Management Practices in the Gold Mining Industry," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 51(4), pages 1097-1137, September.
- Jia He & Lilian K. Ng, 1998. "The Foreign Exchange Exposure of Japanese Multinational Corporations," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 53(2), pages 733-753, April.
- Elyasiani, Elyas & Mansur, Iqbal, 1998. "Sensitivity of the bank stock returns distribution to changes in the level and volatility of interest rate: A GARCH-M model," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(5), pages 535-563, May.
- Nicholas Taylor, 1998. "Precious metals and inflation," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(2), pages 201-210.
- Salant, Stephen W & Henderson, Dale W, 1978. "Market Anticipations of Government Policies and the Price of Gold," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 86(4), pages 627-648, August.
- Christie-David, Rohan & Chaudhry, Mukesh & Koch, Timothy W., 2000. "Do macroeconomics news releases affect gold and silver prices?," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 52(5), pages 405-421.
- G. Geoffrey Booth & Fred R. Kaen & Peter E. Koveos, 1982. "Persistent Dependence In Gold Prices," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 5(1), pages 85-93, March.
- Blose, Laurence E. & Shieh, Joseph C. P., 1995. "The impact of gold price on the value of gold mining stock," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 125-139.
- Allayannis, George & Ofek, Eli, 2001. "Exchange rate exposure, hedging, and the use of foreign currency derivatives," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 273-296, April.
- Murray Frank & Thanasis Stengos, 1989. "Measuring the Strangeness of Gold and Silver Rates of Return," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 56(4), pages 553-567.
- Tschoegl, Adrian E., 1980. "Efficiency in the gold market -- a note," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 4(4), pages 371-379, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kal, Süleyman Hilmi & Arslaner, Ferhat & Arslaner, Nuran, 2013. "Gold, Stock Price, Interest Rate and Exchange Rate Dynamics: An MS VAR Approach," MPRA Paper 56406, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:eco:journ1:2014-03-02 is not listed on IDEAS
- Aggarwal, Raj & Lucey, Brian M., 2007.
"Psychological barriers in gold prices?,"
Review of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 217-230.
- Brian Lucey & Raj Aggarwal, 2005. "Psychological Barriers in Gold Prices," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp053, IIIS.
- Paolo Zagaglia & Massimiliano Marzo, 2013.
"Gold and the U.S. dollar: tales from the turmoil,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(4), pages 571-582, March.
- Marzo, Massimiliano & Zagaglia, Paolo, 2010. "Gold and the U.S. Dollar: Tales from the turmoil," MPRA Paper 22407, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Massimiliano Marzo & Paolo Zagaglia, 2010. "Gold and the U.S. Dollar: Tales from the Turmoil," Working Paper series 08_10, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Tim Pullen & Karen Benson & Robert Faff, 2014. "A Comparative Analysis of the Investment Characteristics of Alternative Gold Assets," Abacus, Accounting Foundation, University of Sydney, vol. 50(1), pages 76-92, March.
- Hoang, Thi-Hong-Van & Wong, Wing-Keung & Zhu, Zhenzhen, 2015. "Is gold different for risk-averse and risk-seeking investors? An empirical analysis of the Shanghai Gold Exchange," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 200-211.
- Tully, Edel & Lucey, Brian M., 2007. "A power GARCH examination of the gold market," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 316-325, June.
- Brian M Lucey, Valerio Poti, Edel Tully, 2006.
"International Portfolio Formation, Skewness & the Role of Gold,"
Frontiers in Finance and Economics,
SKEMA Business School, vol. 3(1), pages 49-68, June.
- Brian M Lucey & Edel Tully & Valerio Poti, 2005. "International Portfolio Formation, Skewness & the Role of Gold," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp030, IIIS.
- Ming, Lei & Yang, Shenggang & Cheng, Cheng, 2016. "The double nature of the price of gold—A quantitative analysis based on Ensemble Empirical Mode Decomposition," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 125-131.
- Aboura Sofiane & Chevallier Julien & Jammazi Rania & Tiwari Aviral Kumar, 2016.
"The place of gold in the cross-market dependencies,"
Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics,
De Gruyter, vol. 20(5), pages 567-586, December.
- Sofiane Aboura & Julien Chevallier & Jammazi Rania & Aviral Kumar Tiwari, 2016. "The place of gold in the cross-market dependencies," Post-Print halshs-01348702, HAL.
- Dirk G. Baur & Brian M. Lucey, 2010.
"Is Gold a Hedge or a Safe Haven? An Analysis of Stocks, Bonds and Gold,"
The Financial Review,
Eastern Finance Association, vol. 45(2), pages 217-229, May.
- Dirk G. Baur & Brian M. Lucey, 2007. "Is Gold a Hedge or a Safe Haven? An Analysis of Stocks, Bonds and Gold," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp198, IIIS.
- Hatice Gaye Gencer & Zafer Musoglu, 2014. "Volatility Transmission and Spillovers among Gold, Bonds and Stocks: An Empirical Evidence from Turkey," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 4(4), pages 705-713.
- Hanan Naser, 2017. "Can Gold Investments Provide a Good Hedge Against Inflation? An Empirical Analysis," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 7(1), pages 470-475.
- Ntim, Collins G. & English, John & Nwachukwu, Jacinta & Wang, Yan, 2015. "On the efficiency of the global gold markets," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 218-236.
- Brian Lucey, 2010. "Lunar seasonality in precious metal returns?," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(9), pages 835-838.
- El khamlichi, Abdelbari & HOANG, Thi Hong Van & Wong, Wing-Keung, 2017. "Is Gold Different for Islamic and Conventional Portfolios? A Sectorial Analysis," MPRA Paper 76282, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Wang, Kuan-Min & Lee, Yuan-Ming, 2011. "The yen for gold," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 39-48, March.
- Gaye GENCER & Sercan DEMIRALAY, 2013.
"The impact of oil prices on sectoral returns: an empirical analysis from Borsa Istanbul,"
Theoretical and Applied Economics,
Asociatia Generala a Economistilor din Romania - AGER, vol. 0(12(589)), pages 7-24, December.
- Gaye Gencer & Sercan Demiralay, 2013. "The Impact of Oil Prices on Sectoral Returns: An Empirical Analysis from Borsa Istanbul," EY International Congress on Economics I (EYC2013), October 24-25, 2013, Ankara, Turkey 245, Ekonomik Yaklasim Association.
- Joscha Beckmann & Theo Berger & Robert Czudaj & Thi-Hong-Van Hoang, 2017. "Tail dependence between gold and sectorial stocks in China: Perspectives for portfolio diversication," Chemnitz Economic Papers 012, Department of Economics, Chemnitz University of Technology, revised Jul 2017.
- repec:eee:jrpoli:v:52:y:2017:i:c:p:389-392 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hatemi-J, Abdulnasser & Irandoust, Manuchehr, 2015. "Modelling Asymmetry in Oil, Gold and Stock Markets by a Hidden Cointegration Technique. - Modelli di asimmetria nel mercato del petrolio, dell’oro e nei mercati azionari attraverso una tecnica di coin," Economia Internazionale / International Economics, Camera di Commercio Industria Artigianato Agricoltura di Genova, vol. 68(2), pages 213-228.
- Kourouvakalis, Stylianos, 2008. "Méthodes numériques pour la valorisation d'options swings et autres problèmes sur les matières premières," Economics Thesis from University Paris Dauphine, Paris Dauphine University, number 123456789/116 edited by Geman, Hélyette.
- Baur, Dirk G., 2011. "Explanatory mining for gold: Contrasting evidence from simple and multiple regressions," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 265-275, September.
- Mohan Nandha & Robert Brooks, 2009. "Oil prices and transport sector returns: an international analysis," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 33(4), pages 393-409, November.
- Agyei-Ampomah, Sam & Gounopoulos, Dimitrios & Mazouz, Khelifa, 2014. "Does gold offer a better protection against losses in sovereign debt bonds than other metals?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 507-521.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:intfin:v:13:y:2003:i:3:p:271-289. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/intfin .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.