On a periodic dividend barrier strategy in the dual model with continuous monitoring of solvency
We consider the dual model, which is appropriate for modeling the surplus of companies with deterministic expenses and stochastic gains, such as pharmaceutical, petroleum or commission-based companies. Dividend strategies for this model that can be found in the literature include the barrier strategy (e.g., Avanzi et al., 2007) and the threshold strategy (e.g., Cheung, 2008), where dividend decisions are made continuously. While in practice the financial position of a company is typically monitored frequently, dividend decisions are only made periodically along with the publication of its books. In this paper, we introduce a dividend barrier strategy whereby dividend decisions are made only periodically, but still allow ruin to occur at any time (as soon as the surplus is exhausted). This is in contrast to Albrecher et al. (2011a), who introduced periodic dividend payments in the Cramér–Lundberg surplus model, albeit with periodic ruin opportunities as well.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:spr:compst:v:67:y:2008:i:1:p:21-42 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gerber, Hans U. & Smith, Nathaniel, 2008. "Optimal dividends with incomplete information in the dual model," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 227-233, October.
- Avanzi, Benjamin & U. Gerber, Hans & S.W. Shiu, Elias, 2007. "Optimal dividends in the dual model," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 111-123, July.
- Erhan Bayraktar & Masahiko Egami, 2008.
"Optimizing venture capital investments in a jump diffusion model,"
Mathematical Methods of Operations Research,
Springer, vol. 67(1), pages 21-42, February.
- Erhan Bayraktar & Masahiko Egami, 2007. "Optimizing Venture Capital Investments in a Jump Diffusion Model," Papers math/0703823, arXiv.org, revised Jul 2007.
- Mazza, Christian & Rulliere, Didier, 2004. "A link between wave governed random motions and ruin processes," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 205-222, October.
- Albrecher, Hansjörg & Badescu, Andrei & Landriault, David, 2008. "On the dual risk model with tax payments," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 1086-1094, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:insuma:v:52:y:2013:i:1:p:98-113. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.