A method for determining risk aversion functions from uncertain market prices of risk
In Gzyl and Mayoral (2008) we developed a technique to solve the following type of problems: How to determine a risk aversion function equivalent to pricing a risk with a load, or equivalent to pricing different risks by means of the same risk distortion function. The information on which the procedure is based consists of the market prices of the risk. Here we extend that method to cover the case in which there may be uncertainties in the market prices of the risks.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Acerbi, Carlo, 2002. "Spectral measures of risk: A coherent representation of subjective risk aversion," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(7), pages 1505-1518, July.
- Gzyl, Henryk & Mayoral, Silvia, 2008.
"Determination of risk pricing measures from market prices of risk,"
Insurance: Mathematics and Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 437-443, December.
- Henryk Gzyl & Silvia Mayoral, 2007. "Determination of Risk Pricing Measures from Market Prices of Risk," Faculty Working Papers 03/07, School of Economics and Business Administration, University of Navarra.
- Wang, Shaun, 1996. "Premium Calculation by Transforming the Layer Premium Density," ASTIN Bulletin: The Journal of the International Actuarial Association, Cambridge University Press, vol. 26(01), pages 71-92, May.
- D. Vyncke & M. J. Goovaerts & A. De Schepper & R. Kaas & J. Dhaene, 2003. "On the Distribution of Cash Flows Using Esscher Transforms," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 70(3), pages 563-575. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:insuma:v:47:y:2010:i:1:p:84-89. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.