A method for determining risk aversion functions from uncertain market prices of risk
In Gzyl and Mayoral (2008) we developed a technique to solve the following type of problems: How to determine a risk aversion function equivalent to pricing a risk with a load, or equivalent to pricing different risks by means of the same risk distortion function. The information on which the procedure is based consists of the market prices of the risk. Here we extend that method to cover the case in which there may be uncertainties in the market prices of the risks.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Henryk Gzyl & Silvia Mayoral, 2007.
"Determination of Risk Pricing Measures from Market Prices of Risk,"
Faculty Working Papers
03/07, School of Economics and Business Administration, University of Navarra.
- Gzyl, Henryk & Mayoral, Silvia, 2008. "Determination of risk pricing measures from market prices of risk," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 437-443, December.
- D. Vyncke & M. J. Goovaerts & A. De Schepper & R. Kaas & J. Dhaene, 2003. "On the Distribution of Cash Flows Using Esscher Transforms," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 70(3), pages 563-575.
- Wang, Shaun, 1996. "Premium Calculation by Transforming the Layer Premium Density," ASTIN Bulletin: The Journal of the International Actuarial Association, Cambridge University Press, vol. 26(01), pages 71-92, May.
- Acerbi, Carlo, 2002. "Spectral measures of risk: A coherent representation of subjective risk aversion," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(7), pages 1505-1518, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:insuma:v:47:y:2010:i:1:p:84-89. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.