A method for determining risk aversion functions from uncertain market prices of risk
In Gzyl and Mayoral (2008) we developed a technique to solve the following type of problems: How to determine a risk aversion function equivalent to pricing a risk with a load, or equivalent to pricing different risks by means of the same risk distortion function. The information on which the procedure is based consists of the market prices of the risk. Here we extend that method to cover the case in which there may be uncertainties in the market prices of the risks.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gzyl, Henryk & Mayoral, Silvia, 2008.
"Determination of risk pricing measures from market prices of risk,"
Insurance: Mathematics and Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 437-443, December.
- Henryk Gzyl & Silvia Mayoral, 2007. "Determination of Risk Pricing Measures from Market Prices of Risk," Faculty Working Papers 03/07, School of Economics and Business Administration, University of Navarra.
- Acerbi, Carlo, 2002. "Spectral measures of risk: A coherent representation of subjective risk aversion," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(7), pages 1505-1518, July.
- Wang, Shaun, 1996. "Premium Calculation by Transforming the Layer Premium Density," ASTIN Bulletin: The Journal of the International Actuarial Association, Cambridge University Press, vol. 26(01), pages 71-92, May.
- D. Vyncke & M. J. Goovaerts & A. De Schepper & R. Kaas & J. Dhaene, 2003. "On the Distribution of Cash Flows Using Esscher Transforms," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 70(3), pages 563-575.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:insuma:v:47:y:2010:i:1:p:84-89. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.