Asymptotic analysis of a risk process with high dividend barrier
In this paper we study a risk model with constant high dividend barrier. We apply Keilson's (1966) results to the asymptotic distribution of the time until occurrence of a rare event in a regenerative process, and then results of the cycle maxima for random walk to obtain the asymptotic distribution of the time to ruin and the amount of dividends paid until ruin.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Frostig, Esther, 2005. "The expected time to ruin in a risk process with constant barrier via martingales," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 216-228, October.
- Albrecher, Hansjorg & Claramunt, M.Merce & Marmol, Maite, 2005. "On the distribution of dividend payments in a Sparre Andersen model with generalized Erlang(n) interclaim times," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 324-334, October.
- Dickson, David C.M. & Waters, Howard R., 2004. "Some Optimal Dividends Problems," ASTIN Bulletin: The Journal of the International Actuarial Association, Cambridge University Press, vol. 34(01), pages 49-74, May.
- Sheldon Lin, X. & E. Willmot, Gordon & Drekic, Steve, 2003. "The classical risk model with a constant dividend barrier: analysis of the Gerber-Shiu discounted penalty function," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 551-566, December.
- Gerber, Hans U. & Shiu, Elias S.W. & Smith, Nathaniel, 2006. "Maximizing Dividends without Bankruptcy," ASTIN Bulletin: The Journal of the International Actuarial Association, Cambridge University Press, vol. 36(01), pages 5-23, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:insuma:v:47:y:2010:i:1:p:21-26. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.