Constant dividend barrier in a risk model with interclaim-dependent claim sizes
The risk model with interclaim-dependent claim sizes proposed by Boudreault etÂ al. [Boudreault,Â M., Cossette,Â H., Landriault,Â D., Marceau,Â E., 2006. On a risk model with dependence between interclaim arrivals and claim sizes. Scand. Actur. J., 265-285] is studied in the presence of a constant dividend barrier. An integro-differential equation for some Gerber-Shiu discounted penalty functions is derived. We show that its solution can be expressed as the solution to the Gerber-Shiu discounted penalty function in the same risk model with the absence of a barrier and a combination of two linearly independent solutions to the associated homogeneous integro-differential equation. Finally, we analyze the expected present value of dividend payments before ruin in the same class of risk models. An homogeneous integro-differential equation is derived and then solved. Its solution can be expressed as a different combination of the two fundamental solutions to the homogeneous integro-differential equation associated to the Gerber-Shiu discounted penalty function.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Albrecher, Hansjorg & Boxma, Onno J., 2004. "A ruin model with dependence between claim sizes and claim intervals," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 245-254, October.
- Li, Shuanming & Garrido, Jose, 2004. "On ruin for the Erlang(n) risk process," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 391-408, June.
- Gerber, Hans U. & Shiu, Elias S. W., 1997. "The joint distribution of the time of ruin, the surplus immediately before ruin, and the deficit at ruin," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 129-137, November.
- Li, Shuanming & Garrido, Jose, 2004. "On a class of renewal risk models with a constant dividend barrier," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 691-701, December.
- Dickson, David C. M. & Hipp, Christian, 2001. "On the time to ruin for Erlang(2) risk processes," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 333-344, December.
- Albrecher, Hansjorg & Claramunt, M.Merce & Marmol, Maite, 2005. "On the distribution of dividend payments in a Sparre Andersen model with generalized Erlang(n) interclaim times," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 324-334, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:insuma:v:42:y:2008:i:1:p:31-38. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.