Constant dividend barrier in a risk model with interclaim-dependent claim sizes
The risk model with interclaim-dependent claim sizes proposed by Boudreault etÂ al. [Boudreault,Â M., Cossette,Â H., Landriault,Â D., Marceau,Â E., 2006. On a risk model with dependence between interclaim arrivals and claim sizes. Scand. Actur. J., 265-285] is studied in the presence of a constant dividend barrier. An integro-differential equation for some Gerber-Shiu discounted penalty functions is derived. We show that its solution can be expressed as the solution to the Gerber-Shiu discounted penalty function in the same risk model with the absence of a barrier and a combination of two linearly independent solutions to the associated homogeneous integro-differential equation. Finally, we analyze the expected present value of dividend payments before ruin in the same class of risk models. An homogeneous integro-differential equation is derived and then solved. Its solution can be expressed as a different combination of the two fundamental solutions to the homogeneous integro-differential equation associated to the Gerber-Shiu discounted penalty function.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Albrecher, Hansjorg & Claramunt, M.Merce & Marmol, Maite, 2005. "On the distribution of dividend payments in a Sparre Andersen model with generalized Erlang(n) interclaim times," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 324-334, October.
- Gerber, Hans U. & Shiu, Elias S. W., 1997. "The joint distribution of the time of ruin, the surplus immediately before ruin, and the deficit at ruin," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 129-137, November.
- Albrecher, Hansjorg & Boxma, Onno J., 2004. "A ruin model with dependence between claim sizes and claim intervals," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 245-254, October.
- Dickson, David C. M. & Hipp, Christian, 2001. "On the time to ruin for Erlang(2) risk processes," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 333-344, December.
- Li, Shuanming & Garrido, Jose, 2004. "On ruin for the Erlang(n) risk process," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 391-408, June.
- Li, Shuanming & Garrido, Jose, 2004. "On a class of renewal risk models with a constant dividend barrier," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 691-701, December.
- Gerber, Hans U. & Lin, X. Sheldon & Yang, Hailiang, 2006. "A Note on the Dividends-Penalty Identity and the Optimal Dividend Barrier," ASTIN Bulletin: The Journal of the International Actuarial Association, Cambridge University Press, vol. 36(02), pages 489-503, November.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:insuma:v:42:y:2008:i:1:p:31-38. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.