Time of ruin in a risk model with generalized Erlang (n) interclaim times and a constant dividend barrier
In this paper we analyze the time of ruin in a risk process with the interclaim times being Erlang(n) distributed and a constant dividend barrier. We obtain an integro-differential equation for the Laplace Transform of the time of ruin. Explicit solutions for the moments of the time of ruin are presented when the individual claim amounts have a distribution with rational Laplace transform. Finally, some numerical results and a compare son with the classical risk model, with interclaim times following an exponential distribution, are given.
|Date of creation:||2006|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.ere.ub.es
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Albrecher, Hansjorg & Claramunt, M.Merce & Marmol, Maite, 2005. "On the distribution of dividend payments in a Sparre Andersen model with generalized Erlang(n) interclaim times," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 324-334, October.
- Lin, X. Sheldon & Willmot, Gordon E., 2000. "The moments of the time of ruin, the surplus before ruin, and the deficit at ruin," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 19-44, August.
- Dickson, David C. M. & Hipp, Christian, 2001. "On the time to ruin for Erlang(2) risk processes," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 333-344, December.
- Li, Shuanming & Garrido, Jose, 2004. "On a class of renewal risk models with a constant dividend barrier," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 691-701, December.
- Ren, Jiandong, 2005. "The expected value of the time of ruin and the moments of the discounted deficit at ruin in the perturbed classical risk process," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 505-521, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bar:bedcje:2006157. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Espai de Recerca en Economia)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.