On the threshold dividend strategy for a generalized jump-diffusion risk model
In this paper, we generalize the Cramér-Lundberg risk model perturbed by diffusion to incorporate jumps due to surplus fluctuation and to relax the positive loading condition. Assuming that the surplus process has exponential upward and arbitrary downward jumps, we analyze the expected discounted penalty (EDP) function of Gerber and Shiu (1998) under the threshold dividend strategy. An integral equation for the EDP function is derived using the Wiener-Hopf factorization. As a result, an explicit analytical expression is obtained for the EDP function by solving the integral equation. Finally, phase-type downward jumps are considered and a matrix representation of the EDP function is presented.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lin, X. Sheldon & Willmot, Gordon E., 1999. "Analysis of a defective renewal equation arising in ruin theory," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 63-84, September.
- Tsai, Cary Chi-Liang & Willmot, Gordon E., 2002. "A generalized defective renewal equation for the surplus process perturbed by diffusion," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 51-66, February.
- Frostig, Esther, 2005. "The expected time to ruin in a risk process with constant barrier via martingales," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 216-228, October.
- Li, Shuanming & Garrido, Jose, 2004. "On ruin for the Erlang(n) risk process," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 391-408, June.
- Chi, Yichun, 2010. "Analysis of the expected discounted penalty function for a general jump-diffusion risk model and applications in finance," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 385-396, April.
- Frostig, Esther, 2008. "On Risk Model with Dividends Payments Perturbed by a Brownian Motion – An Algorithmic Approach," ASTIN Bulletin: The Journal of the International Actuarial Association, Cambridge University Press, vol. 38(01), pages 183-206, May.
- Wan, Ning, 2007. "Dividend payments with a threshold strategy in the compound Poisson risk model perturbed by diffusion," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 509-523, May.
- Dufresne, Francois & Gerber, Hans U., 1991. "Risk theory for the compound Poisson process that is perturbed by diffusion," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 51-59, March.
- Lin, X.Sheldon & Pavlova, Kristina P., 2006. "The compound Poisson risk model with a threshold dividend strategy," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 57-80, February.
- Ren, Jiandong, 2005. "The expected value of the time of ruin and the moments of the discounted deficit at ruin in the perturbed classical risk process," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 505-521, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:insuma:v:48:y:2011:i:3:p:326-337. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.