A risk model with paying dividends and random environment
We consider a discrete time risk model where dividends are paid to insureds and the claim size has a discrete phase-type distribution, but the claim sizes vary according to an underlying Markov process called an environment process. In addition, the probability of paying the next dividend is affected by the current state of the underlying Markov process. We provide explicit expressions for the ruin probability and the deficit distribution at ruin by extracting a QBD (quasi-birth-and-death) structure in the model and then analyzing the QBD process. Numerical examples are also given.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sheldon Lin, X. & E. Willmot, Gordon & Drekic, Steve, 2003. "The classical risk model with a constant dividend barrier: analysis of the Gerber-Shiu discounted penalty function," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 551-566, December.
- Li, Shuanming & Dickson, David C.M., 2006. "The maximum surplus before ruin in an Erlang(n) risk process and related problems," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 529-539, June.
- Tan, Jiyang & Yang, Xiangqun, 2006. "The compound binomial model with randomized decisions on paying dividends," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 1-18, August.
- Albrecher, Hansjorg & Claramunt, M.Merce & Marmol, Maite, 2005. "On the distribution of dividend payments in a Sparre Andersen model with generalized Erlang(n) interclaim times," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 324-334, October.
- Frostig, Esther, 2005. "The expected time to ruin in a risk process with constant barrier via martingales," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 216-228, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:insuma:v:42:y:2008:i:2:p:717-726. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.