The valuation of contingent capital with catastrophe risks
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Myers, Stewart C. & Majluf, Nicolás S., 1945-, 1984. "Corporate financing and investment decisions when firms have information that investors do not have," Working papers 1523-84., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Stewart C. Myers & Nicholas S. Majluf, 1984. "Corporate Financing and Investment Decisions When Firms Have InformationThat Investors Do Not Have," NBER Working Papers 1396, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Myers, Stewart C. & Majluf, Nicholas S., 1984. "Corporate financing and investment decisions when firms have information that investors do not have," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 187-221, June.
- Tomas Björk & Yuri Kabanov & Wolfgang Runggaldier, 1997. "Bond Market Structure in the Presence of Marked Point Processes," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(2), pages 211-239, April.
- Cox, Samuel H. & Fairchild, Joseph R. & Pedersen, Hal W., 2004. "Valuation of structured risk management products," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 259-272, April.
- Burnecki, Krzysztof & Kukla, Grzegorz & Weron, Rafał, 2000. "Property insurance loss distributions," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 287(1), pages 269-278.
- David Cummins & Christopher Lewis & Richard Phillips, 1999.
"Pricing Excess-of-Loss Reinsurance Contracts against Cat as trophic Loss,"
NBER Chapters,in: The Financing of Catastrophe Risk, pages 93-148
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- J. David Cummins & Christopher M. Lewis & Richard D. Phillips, 1998. "Pricing Excess-of-loss Reinsurance Contracts Against Catastrophic Loss," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 98-09, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Leland, Hayne E & Pyle, David H, 1977.
"Informational Asymmetries, Financial Structure, and Financial Intermediation,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 32(2), pages 371-387, May.
- Hayne E. Leland and David H. Pyle., 1976. "Informational Asymmetries, Financial Structure, and Financial Intermediation," Research Program in Finance Working Papers 41, University of California at Berkeley.
- repec:fth:geneec:99.01 is not listed on IDEAS
- Merton, Robert C., 1976.
"Option pricing when underlying stock returns are discontinuous,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 3(1-2), pages 125-144.
- Merton, Robert C., 1975. "Option pricing when underlying stock returns are discontinuous," Working papers 787-75., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Myers, Stewart C., 1984. "Capital structure puzzle," Working papers 1548-84., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Myers, Stewart C, 1984. " The Capital Structure Puzzle," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 39(3), pages 575-592, July.
- Jaimungal, Sebastian & Wang, Tao, 2006. "Catastrophe options with stochastic interest rates and compound Poisson losses," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 469-483, June.
- Stewart C. Myers, 1984. "Capital Structure Puzzle," NBER Working Papers 1393, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hull, John C & White, Alan D, 1987. " The Pricing of Options on Assets with Stochastic Volatilities," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 42(2), pages 281-300, June.
- Henri Louberge & Evis Kellezi & Manfred Gilli, 1999.
"Using Catastrophe-Linked Securities to Diversity Insurance Risk: A Financial Analysis of Cat Bonds,"
Journal of Insurance Issues,
Western Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 22(2), pages 125-146.
- Louberge, H. & Kellezi, E. & Gilli, M., 1999. "Using Catastrophe-Linked Securities to Diversify Insurance Risk: a Financial Analysis of Cat Bonds," Research Papers by the Institute of Economics and Econometrics, Geneva School of Economics and Management, University of Geneva 99.04, Institut d'Economie et Econométrie, Université de Genève.
- Paul Glasserman & S. G. Kou, 2003. "The Term Structure of Simple Forward Rates with Jump Risk," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 13(3), pages 383-410, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gunther Leobacher & Philip Ngare, 2014. "Utility indifference pricing of derivatives written on industrial loss indexes," Papers 1404.0879, arXiv.org.
- Wu, Yang-Che, 2015. "Reexamining the feasibility of diversification and transfer instruments on smoothing catastrophe risk," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 54-66.
- repec:eee:ejores:v:269:y:2018:i:1:p:132-145 is not listed on IDEAS
- Eckhard Platen & David Taylor, 2016.
"Loading Pricing of Catastrophe Bonds and Other Long-Dated, Insurance-Type Contracts,"
- Eckhard Platen & David Taylor, 2016. "Loading Pricing of Catastrophe Bonds and Other Long-Dated, Insurance-Type Contracts," Research Paper Series 379, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Kim, Hwa-Sung & Kim, Bara & Kim, Jerim, 2014. "Pricing perpetual American CatEPut options when stock prices are correlated with catastrophe losses," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 15-22.
- Têtu Alexandre & Lai Van Son & Soumaré Issouf & Gendron Michel, 2015. "Hedging Flood Losses Using Cat Bonds," Asia-Pacific Journal of Risk and Insurance, De Gruyter, vol. 9(2), pages 149-184, July.
- repec:bla:eufman:v:24:y:2018:i:5:p:893-918 is not listed on IDEAS
- Yu, Jun, 2015. "Catastrophe options with double compound Poisson processes," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 291-297.
- Andreas Eichler & Gunther Leobacher & Michaela Szolgyenyi, 2016. "Utility Indifference Pricing of Insurance Catastrophe Derivatives," Papers 1607.01110, arXiv.org, revised May 2017.
- Xingchun Wang, 2016. "The Pricing of Catastrophe Equity Put Options with Default Risk," International Review of Finance, International Review of Finance Ltd., vol. 16(2), pages 181-201, June.
- Wang, Xingchun, 2016. "Catastrophe equity put options with target variance," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 79-86.
- Lo, Chien-Ling & Lee, Jin-Ping & Yu, Min-Teh, 2013. "Valuation of insurers’ contingent capital with counterparty risk and price endogeneity," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 5025-5035.
More about this item
KeywordsDoubly stochastic Poisson process Catastrophe risks Contingent capital;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:insuma:v:45:y:2009:i:1:p:65-73. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505554 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.