Currency mismatches and monetary policy: A tale of two equilibria
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Giancarlo Corsetti & Paolo Pesenti, 2002. "Self-validating optimum currency areas," Staff Reports 152, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Guillermo A. Calvo & Carmen M. Reinhart, 2002.
"Fear of Floating,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 117(2), pages 379-408.
- Guillermo A. Calvo & Carmen M. Reinhart, 2000. "Fear of Floating," NBER Working Papers 7993, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Calvo, Guillermo, 2002. "Fear of floating," MPRA Paper 14000, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Reinhart, Carmen, 2001. "Fear of Floating: Exchange Rate Flexibility Indices," MPRA Paper 13196, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Paul Krugman, 1999. "Balance Sheets, the Transfer Problem, and Financial Crises," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 6(4), pages 459-472, November.
- V. V. Chari & Patrick J. Kehoe, 1993. "Sustainable Plans and Mutual Default," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 60(1), pages 175-195.
- Ize, Alain & Yeyati, Eduardo Levy, 2003. "Financial dollarization," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(2), pages 323-347, March.
- Ricardo Caballero & Arvind Krishnamurthy, 2005.
"Exchange Rate Volatility and the Credit Channel in Emerging Markets: A Vertical Perspective,"
International Journal of Central Banking,
International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 1(1), May.
- Ricardo Caballero & Arvind Krishnamurthy, 2004. "Exchange Rate Volatility and the Credit Channel in Emerging Markets: A Vertical Perspective," NBER Working Papers 10517, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Caballero, Ricardo & Krishnamurthy, Arvind, 2005. "Exchange Rate Volatility and the Credit Channel in Emerging Markets: A Vertical Perspective," MPRA Paper 824, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Stokey, Nancy L., 1991. "Credible public policy," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 627-656, October.
- Calvo, Guillermo A, 2001.
"Capital Markets and the Exchange Rate with Special Reference to the Dollarization Debate in Latin America,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 33(2), pages 312-334, May.
- Guillermo A. Calvo, 2001. "Capital markets and the exchange rate with special reference to the dollarization debate in Latin America," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, pages 312-338.
- Chari, V V & Kehoe, Patrick J, 1990. "Sustainable Plans," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(4), pages 783-802, August.
- Eduardo Moron & Juan F. Castro, 2003. "Dedollarizing the Peruvian Economy," Macroeconomics 0312005, EconWPA.
- Ricardo Hausmann & Michael Gavin & Carmen Pagés-Serra & Ernesto H. Stein, 1999. "Financial Turmoil and Choice of Exchange Rate Regime," Research Department Publications 4170, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rossi, José Luiz J., 2009. "Nonlinear Foreign Exchange Exposure: Evidence from Brazilian Companies," Insper Working Papers wpe_189, Insper Working Paper, Insper Instituto de Ensino e Pesquisa.
- Giancarlo Corsetti & Paolo Pesenti, 2015.
"Endogenous Exchange-Rate Pass-through and Self-Validating Exchange Rate Regimes,"
Journal Economía Chilena (The Chilean Economy),
Central Bank of Chile, vol. 18(3), pages 62-89, December.
- Giancarlo Corsetti & Paolo Pesenti, 2015. "Endogenous Exchange-Rate Pass-Through and Self-Validating Exchange Rate Regimes," Central Banking, Analysis, and Economic Policies Book Series,in: Ricardo J. Caballero & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel (ed.), Economic Policies in Emerging-Market Economies Festschrift in Honor of Vittorio Corbo, edition 1, volume 21, chapter 11, pages 229-261 Central Bank of Chile.
- Erdal ÖZMEN & Cihan YALÇIN, 2007.
"Küresel finansal riskler karşısında Türkiye’de reel sektörün finansal yapısı ve borç dolarizasyonu,"
Iktisat Isletme ve Finans,
Bilgesel Yayincilik, vol. 22(258), pages 5-39.
- Erdal Ozmen & Cihan Yalcin, 2007. "Kuresel Finansal Riskler Karsisinda Turkiye'de Reel Sektor Finansal Yapisi ve Borc Dolarizasyonu," Working Papers 0706, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey.
- Andrew K. Rose & Mark M. Spiegel, 2018. "Bond Vigilantes and Inflation," International Journal of Central Banking, International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 14(2), pages 263-300, March.
- Shi, Kang & Xu, Juanyi & Yin, Xiaopeng, 2015.
"Input substitution, export pricing, and exchange rate policy,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 26-46.
- Kang Shi & Juanyi Xu, 2008. "Input Substitution, Export Pricing, and Exchange Rate Policy," Working Papers 102008, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Rossi Jr, José Luiz, 2009.
"Corporate financial policies and the exchange rate regime: Evidence from Brazil,"
Emerging Markets Review,
Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 279-295, December.
- José Luiz Rossi Júnior, 2008. "Corporate Financial Policies and the Exchange Rate Regime: Evidence from Brazil," Anais do XXXVI Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 36th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 200807210957020, ANPEC - AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional dos Centros de PÃ³s-GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Hale, Galina & Kapan, Tumer & Minoiu, Camelia, 2016. "Shock Transmission through Cross-Border Bank Lending: Credit and Real Effect," Working Paper Series 2016-1, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- ITO Hiroyuki & Cesar RODRIGUEZ, 2015. "Clamoring for Greenbacks: Explaining the resurgence of the U.S. dollar in international debt," Discussion papers 15119, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Shi, Kang & Xu, Juanyi, 2010. "Twin dollarization and exchange rate policy," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 81(1), pages 109-121, May.
- Fabián De Achával & Xavier Fairise, 2008. "Monetary Policy in Emerging Markets, Labor Market Search and Exchange Rate Pass-Through," Documents de recherche 08-13, Centre d'Études des Politiques Économiques (EPEE), Université d'Evry Val d'Essonne.
- Livia Chitu, 2013. "Was Unofficial Dollarisation/Euroisation an Amplifier of the ‘Great Recession’ of 2007–2009 in Emerging Economies?," Comparative Economic Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Association for Comparative Economic Studies, vol. 55(2), pages 233-265, June.
- Michael Bleaney & F. Gulcin Ozkan, 2011. "The structure of public debt and the choice of exchange rate regime," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 44(1), pages 325-339, February.
- Kimakova, Alena, 2008. "The political economy of exchange rate regime determination: Theory and evidence," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 354-371, December.
- Rose, Andrew K. & Spiegel, Mark M., 2015. "Domestic bond markets and inflation," Working Paper Series 2015-5, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Ila Patnaik & Ajay Shah, 2012. "Did the Indian Capital Controls Work as a Tool of Macroeconomic Policy?," IMF Economic Review, Palgrave Macmillan;International Monetary Fund, vol. 60(3), pages 439-464, September.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:inecon:v:69:y:2006:i:1:p:150-175. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505552 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.