Strategic incentives of divestitures of competing conglomerates
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Rysman, Marc, 2001. "How many franchises in a market?," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 19(3-4), pages 519-542, March.
- Marius Schwartz & Earl A. Thompson, 1986. "Divisionalization and Entry Deterrence," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 101(2), pages 307-321.
- Hart, Oliver & Moore, John, 1990.
"Property Rights and the Nature of the Firm,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(6), pages 1119-1158, December.
- Oliver Hart & John Moore, 1988. "Property Rights and the Nature of the Firm," Working papers 495, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Hart, Oliver D. & Moore, John, 1990. "Property Rights and the Nature of the Firm," Scholarly Articles 3448675, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Caplin, Andrew & Nalebuff, Barry, 1991.
"Aggregation and Imperfect Competition: On the Existence of Equilibrium,"
Econometric Society, vol. 59(1), pages 25-59, January.
- Andrew Caplin & Barry Nalebuff, 1990. "Aggregation and Imperfect Competition: On the Existence of Equilibrium," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 937, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Economides, Nicholas & Salop, Steven C, 1992. "Competition and Integration among Complements, and Network Market Structure," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(1), pages 105-123, March.
- Kaplan, Steven N & Weisbach, Michael S, 1992.
" The Success of Acquisitions: Evidence from Divestitures,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 47(1), pages 107-138, March.
- Steven Kaplan & Michael S. Weisbach, 1990. "The Success of Acquisitions: Evidence From Disvestitures," NBER Working Papers 3484, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Beggs, Alan W, 1994. "Mergers and Malls," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(4), pages 419-428, December.
- Thomas E. Cooper, 1986. "Most-Favored-Customer Pricing and Tacit Collusion," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 17(3), pages 377-388, Autumn.
- Meyer, Margaret & Milgrom, Paul & Roberts, John, 1992.
"Organizational Prospects, Influence Costs, and Ownership Changes,"
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 1(1), pages 9-35, Spring.
- Meyer, Margaret A & Milgrom, Paul & Roberts, Donald John, 1992. "Organizational Prospects, Influence Costs, and Ownership Changes," CEPR Discussion Papers 665, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Polasky, Stephen, 1992.
"Divide and conquer On the profitability of forming independent rival divisions,"
Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 365-371, November.
- Stephen Polasky, 1993. "Divide And Conquer: On The Profitability Of Forming Independent Rival Divisions," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 210, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Holmstrom, Bengt & Milgrom, Paul, 1991. "Multitask Principal-Agent Analyses: Incentive Contracts, Asset Ownership, and Job Design," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 7(0), pages 24-52, Special I.
- Stephen W. Salant & Sheldon Switzer & Robert J. Reynolds, 1983. "Losses From Horizontal Merger: The Effects of an Exogenous Change in Industry Structure on Cournot-Nash Equilibrium," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 98(2), pages 185-199.
- Ken Hendricks & Michele Piccione & Guofu Tan, 1997. "Entry and Exit in Hub-Spoke Networks," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 28(2), pages 291-303, Summer.
- Baye, Michael R & Crocker, Keith J & Ju, Jiandong, 1996. "Divisionalization, Franchising, and Divestiture Incentives in Oligopoly," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(1), pages 223-236, March.
- Corchon, Luis C., 1991. "Oligopolistic competition among groups," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 1-3, May.
- Bulow, Jeremy I & Geanakoplos, John D & Klemperer, Paul D, 1985. "Multimarket Oligopoly: Strategic Substitutes and Complements," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 93(3), pages 488-511, June.
- Simon P. Anderson & André De Palma & Jacques-François Thisse, 1989.
"Demand for Differentiated Products, Discrete Choice Models, and the Characteristics Approach,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 56(1), pages 21-35.
- ANDERSON, Simon P. & de PALMA, André & THISSE, Jacques-François, 1989. "Demand for differentiated products, discrete choice models, and the characteristics approach," CORE Discussion Papers RP 824, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- B. Peter Pashigian & Eric Gould, 1995. "Internalizing Agglomeration Economies: The Pricing of Space in Shopping Malls," University of Chicago - George G. Stigler Center for Study of Economy and State 115, Chicago - Center for Study of Economy and State.
- Simon P. Anderson & André De Palma, 1988. "Spatial Price Discrimination with Heterogeneous Products," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 55(4), pages 573-592.
- John, Kose & Ofek, Eli, 1995. "Asset sales and increase in focus," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 105-126, January.
- Lasheng Yuan, 1999. "Product Differentiation, Strategic Divisionalization, and Persistence of Monopoly," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(4), pages 581-602, December.
- Raymond Deneckere & Carl Davidson, 1985. "Incentives to Form Coalitions with Bertrand Competition," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 16(4), pages 473-486, Winter.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Emilie Dargaud & Armel Jacques, 2015.
"Hidden collusion by decentralization: firm organization and antitrust policy,"
Journal of Economics,
Springer, vol. 114(2), pages 153-176, March.
- Emilie Dargaud & Armel Jacques, 2013. "Hidden collusion by decentralization: firms' organization and antitrust policy," Post-Print halshs-00861216, HAL.
- Emilie Dargaud & Armel Jacques, 2015. "Hidden collusion by decentralization: firms' organization and antitrust policy," Post-Print halshs-01089716, HAL.
- Mialon, Sue H., 2008.
"Efficient horizontal mergers: The effects of internal capital reallocation and organizational form,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 861-877, July.
- Sue Mialon, 2005. "Efficient Horizontal Mergers: The Effects of Internal Capital Reallocation and Organizational Form," Emory Economics 0522, Department of Economics, Emory University (Atlanta).
- repec:oup:jcomle:v:2:y:2006:i:3:p:333-347. is not listed on IDEAS
- Gallini, Nancy, 2015. "Promoting Competition by Coordinating Prices: When Rivals Share Intellectual Property," Economics working papers nancy_gallini-2015-22, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 07 Dec 2015.
- Tsuyoshi Toshimitsu, 2017. "The optimal choice of internal decision-making structures in a network industry," Discussion Paper Series 166, School of Economics, Kwansei Gakuin University, revised Sep 2017.
- Quint, Daniel, 2014. "Imperfect competition with complements and substitutes," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 152(C), pages 266-290.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:indorg:v:21:y:2003:i:5:p:673-697. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu) or (). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505551 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.