The ambiguous role of cultural moderators in intercultural business negotiations
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Nancy J Adler & John L Graham, 1989. "Cross-Cultural Interaction: The International Comparison Fallacy?," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 20(3), pages 515-537, September.
- Taras, Vas & Rowney, Julie & Steel, Piers, 2009. "Half a century of measuring culture: Review of approaches, challenges, and limitations based on the analysis of 121 instruments for quantifying culture," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 357-373, December.
- P Christopher Earley, 2006. "Leading cultural research in the future: a matter of paradigms and taste," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 37(6), pages 922-931, November.
- Arvind Rangaswamy & G. Richard Shell, 1997. "Using Computers to Realize Joint Gains in Negotiations: Toward an "Electronic Bargaining Table"," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 43(8), pages 1147-1163, August.
- June N P Francis, 1991. "When in Rome? The Effects of Cultural Adaptation on Intercultural Business Negotiations," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 22(3), pages 403-428, September.
- Gelfand, Michele J. & Christakopoulou, Sophia, 1999. "Culture and Negotiator Cognition: Judgment Accuracy and Negotiation Processes in Individualistic and Collectivistic Cultures, , , ," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 79(3), pages 248-269, September.
- Olekalns, Mara & Smith, Philip L. & Walsh, Therese, 1996. "The Process of Negotiating: Strategy and Timing as Predictors of Outcomes," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 68-77, October.
- Günter K Stahl & Martha L Maznevski & Andreas Voigt & Karsten Jonsen, 2010. "Unraveling the effects of cultural diversity in teams: A meta-analysis of research on multicultural work groups," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 41(4), pages 690-709, May.
- Patton, Charles & Balakrishnan, P.V. (Sundar), 2012. "Negotiating when outnumbered: Agenda strategies for bargaining with buying teams," International Journal of Research in Marketing, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 280-291.
- Wilken, Robert & Cornelißen, Markus & Backhaus, Klaus & Schmitz, Christian, 2010. "Steering sales reps through cost information: An investigation into the black box of cognitive references and negotiation behavior," International Journal of Research in Marketing, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 69-82.
- Patton, Charles & Balakrishnan, P.V. (Sundar), 2010. "The impact of expectation of future negotiation interaction on bargaining processes and outcomes," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 63(8), pages 809-816, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dinkevych, Elena & Wilken, Robert & Aykac, Tayfun & Jacob, Frank & Prime, Nathalie, 2017. "Can outnumbered negotiators succeed? The case of intercultural business negotiations," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 592-603.
- repec:wyz:journl:id:518 is not listed on IDEAS
- Malik, Tariq H. & Yazar, Orhan H., 2016. "The negotiator’s power as enabler and cultural distance as inhibitor in the international alliance formation," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 1043-1052.
- Backhaus, & Pesch,, 2018. "Verhandlungen – Spiegeln die Lehrbücher den Stand der Forschung wider?," Die Unternehmung - Swiss Journal of Business Research and Practice, Nomos Verlagsgesellschaft mbH & Co. KG, vol. 72(1), pages 3-26.
- Sachdev, Harash J. & Bello, Daniel C., 2014. "The effect of transaction cost antecedents on control mechanisms: Exporters’ psychic distance and economic knowledge as moderators," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 440-454.
- Richardson, Christopher & Rammal, Hussain Gulzar, 2018. "Religious belief and international business negotiations: Does faith influence negotiator behaviour?," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 401-409.
More about this item
KeywordsAdditive composition model; Collectivism; Cultural moderator; Intercultural business negotiation; Negotiation outcome; Negotiation process; Negotiation team;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:iburev:v:22:y:2013:i:4:p:736-753. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/133/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.