The determinants of the public-private mix in Canadian health care expenditures: 1975-1996
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Epple, Dennis & Romano, Richard E., 1996. "Ends against the middle: Determining public service provision when there are private alternatives," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(3), pages 297-325, November.
- Wistow, Gerald, 1997. "Decentralisation from acute to home care settings in England," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(Supplemen), pages S91-S108, September.
- Gbesemete, Kwame P. & Gerdtham, Ulf-G., 1992. "Determinants of health care expenditure in Africa: A cross-sectional study," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 303-308, February.
- Robert G. Evans, 1987. "Hang Together, or Hang Separately: The Viability of a Universal Health Care System in an Aging Society," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 13(2), pages 165-180, June.
- Gramlich, Edward M., 1993. "A Policymaker's Guide to Fiscal Decentralization," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 46(2), pages 229-35, June.
- Frank T. Denton & Byron G. Spencer, 1983. "Population Aging and Future Health Costs in Canada," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 9(2), pages 155-163, June.
- ALan Williams, 1988. "Priority setting in public and private health care: a guide through the ideological jungle," Working Papers 036chedp, Centre for Health Economics, University of York.
- Frank T. Denton & Byron G. Spencer, 1975. "Health-Care Costs When the Population Changes," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 8(1), pages 34-48, February.
- Gerdtham, Ulf-G. & Sogaard, Jes & Andersson, Fredrik & Jonsson, Bengt, 1992. "An econometric analysis of health care expenditure: A cross-section study of the OECD countries," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 63-84, May.
- Hansen, Paul & King, Alan, 1996. "The determinants of health care expenditure: A cointegration approach," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 127-137, February.
- Parkin, David & McGuire, Alistair & Yule, Brian, 1987. "Aggregate health care expenditures and national income : Is health care a luxury good?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 109-127, June.
- Wasem, Jurgen, 1997. "A study on decentralizing from acute care to home care settings in Germany," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(Supplemen), pages S109-S129, September.
- Epple, Dennis & Romano, Richard E, 1996. "Public Provision of Private Goods," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 104(1), pages 57-84, February.
- Joseph P. Newhouse, 1977. "Medical-Care Expenditure: A Cross-National Survey," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 12(1), pages 115-125.
- Hitiris, Theo & Posnett, John, 1992. "The determinants and effects of health expenditure in developed countries," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 173-181, August.
- Bird, Richard M., 1993. "Threading the Fiscal Labyrinth: Some Issues in Fiscal Decentralization," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 46(2), pages 207-27, June.
- Giertz, J Fred, 1983. "State-Local Centralization and Income: A Theoretical Framework and Further Empirical Results," Public Finance = Finances publiques, , vol. 38(3), pages 398-408.
- Evans, R.G. & Lomas, J. & Barer, M.A. & Labelle, R.J. & Fooks, C. & Stoddart, G.L. & Anderson, G.M. & Feeny, D. & Gafni, A. & Torrance, G.W. & Tholl, W.G., 1989. "Controlling Health Expenditures- The Canadian Reality," Centre for Health Services and Policy Research 89:11r, University of British Columbia - Centre for Health Services and Policy Research..
- Williams, Alan, 1988. "Priority setting in public and private health care : A guide through the ideological jungle," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 173-183, June.
- M. S. Marzouk, 1991. "Aging, Age-Specific Health Care Costs and the Future Health Care Burden in Canada," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 17(4), pages 490-506, December.
- Johansson, Lennarth, 1997. "Decentralisation from acute to home care settings in Sweden," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(Supplemen), pages S131-S143, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:hepoli:v:52:y:2000:i:2:p:87-112. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)or ()
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.