The scale and patterns of abnormal returns to equity investment in UK electricity distribution
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Baesel, Jerome B, 1974. "On the Assessment of Risk: Some Further Considerations," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 29(5), pages 1491-1494, December.
- Cox, Alan J & Portes, Jonathan, 1998. "Mergers in Regulated Industries: The Uses and Abuses of Event Studies," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 14(3), pages 281-304, November.
- Dnes, Antony W. & Kodwani, Devendra G. & Seaton, Jonathan S. & Wood, Douglas, 1998. "The Regulation of the United Kingdom Electricity Industry: An Event Study of Price-Capping Measures," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 13(3), pages 207-225, May.
- Blume, Marshall E, 1975. "Betas and Their Regression Tendencies," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 30(3), pages 785-795, June.
- Antonios Antoniou & Gioia M. Pescetto, 1997. "The Effect of Regulatory Announcements on the Cost of Equity Capital of British Telecom," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(1), pages 1-26.
- Bernstein, Jeffrey I & Sappington, David E M, 1999.
"Setting the X Factor in Price-Cap Regulation Plans,"
Journal of Regulatory Economics,
Springer, vol. 16(1), pages 5-25, July.
- Jeffrey I. Bernstein & David E. M. Sappington, 1998. "Setting the X Factor in Price Cap Regulation Plans," NBER Working Papers 6622, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Black, A. & Fraser, P. & Power, D., 1992. "UK unit trust performance 1980-1989: A passive time-varying approach," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(5), pages 1015-1033, September.
- A Black & P Fraser & D Power, "undated". "Uk Unit Trust Performance 1980-1989: A Passive Time-Varying Approach," Dundee Discussion Papers in Economics 023, Economic Studies, University of Dundee.
- Gonzalez-Rivera, Gloria, 1997. "The Pricing of Time-Varying Beta," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 22(3), pages 345-363.
- Gonzalez-Rivera, G., 1996. "The Pricing of Time-Varing Beta," The A. Gary Anderson Graduate School of Management 96-1, The A. Gary Anderson Graduate School of Management. University of California Riverside.
- Alexander, Gordon J. & Chervany, Norman L., 1980. "On the Estimation and Stability of Beta," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 15(01), pages 123-137, March.
- Binder, John J & Norton, Seth W, 1999. "Regulation, Profit Variability and Beta," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 15(3), pages 249-266, May.
- William F. Sharpe, 1964. "Capital Asset Prices: A Theory Of Market Equilibrium Under Conditions Of Risk," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 19(3), pages 425-442, 09.
- Chang, Mo Ahn & Thompson, Howard E, 1989. "An Analysis of Some Aspects of Regulatory Risk and the Required Rate of Return for Public Utilities," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 1(3), pages 241-257, September.
- Groenewold, Nicolaas & Fraser, Patricia, 1999. "Time-varying estimates of CAPM betas," Mathematics and Computers in Simulation (MATCOM), Elsevier, vol. 48(4), pages 531-539.
- Riddick, Leigh A, 1992. "The Effects of Regulation on Stochastic Systematic Risk," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 4(2), pages 139-157, June.
- Peltzman, Sam, 1976. "Toward a More General Theory of Regulation," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 19(2), pages 211-240, August.
- Sam Peltzman, 1976. "Toward a More General Theory of Regulation," NBER Working Papers 0133, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bos, T & Newbold, P, 1984. "An Empirical Investigation of the Possibility of Stochastic Systematic Risk in the Market Model," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 57(1), pages 35-41, January.
- Gonedes, Nicholas J., 1973. "Evidence on the Information Content of Accounting Numbers: Accounting-based and Market-based Estimates of Systematic Risk," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 8(03), pages 407-443, June.
- Blume, Marshall E, 1971. "On the Assessment of Risk," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 26(1), pages 1-10, March.
- Bey, Roger P., 1983. "Market Model Stationarity of Individual Public Utilities," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 18(01), pages 67-85, March. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:glofin:v:13:y:2002:i:1:p:39-62. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.