The scale and patterns of abnormal returns to equity investment in UK electricity distribution
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Baesel, Jerome B, 1974. "On the Assessment of Risk: Some Further Considerations," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 29(5), pages 1491-1494, December.
- Cox, Alan J & Portes, Jonathan, 1998. "Mergers in Regulated Industries: The Uses and Abuses of Event Studies," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 14(3), pages 281-304, November.
- Black, A. & Fraser, P. & Power, D., 1992.
"UK unit trust performance 1980-1989: A passive time-varying approach,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 16(5), pages 1015-1033, September.
- A Black & P Fraser & D Power, "undated". "Uk Unit Trust Performance 1980-1989: A Passive Time-Varying Approach," Dundee Discussion Papers in Economics 023, Economic Studies, University of Dundee.
- Binder, John J & Norton, Seth W, 1999. "Regulation, Profit Variability and Beta," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 15(3), pages 249-266, May.
- Gonzalez-Rivera, Gloria, 1997.
"The Pricing of Time-Varying Beta,"
Springer, vol. 22(3), pages 345-363.
- Gonzalez-Rivera, G., 1996. "The Pricing of Time-Varing Beta," The A. Gary Anderson Graduate School of Management 96-1, The A. Gary Anderson Graduate School of Management. University of California Riverside.
- Riddick, Leigh A, 1992. "The Effects of Regulation on Stochastic Systematic Risk," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 4(2), pages 139-157, June.
- Alexander, Gordon J. & Chervany, Norman L., 1980. "On the Estimation and Stability of Beta," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 15(1), pages 123-137, March.
- Dnes, Antony W. & Kodwani, Devendra G. & Seaton, Jonathan S. & Wood, Douglas, 1998. "The Regulation of the United Kingdom Electricity Industry: An Event Study of Price-Capping Measures," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 13(3), pages 207-225, May.
- Blume, Marshall E, 1975. "Betas and Their Regression Tendencies," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 30(3), pages 785-795, June.
- Bernstein, Jeffrey I & Sappington, David E M, 1999.
"Setting the X Factor in Price-Cap Regulation Plans,"
Journal of Regulatory Economics,
Springer, vol. 16(1), pages 5-25, July.
- Jeffrey I. Bernstein & David E. M. Sappington, 1998. "Setting the X Factor in Price Cap Regulation Plans," NBER Working Papers 6622, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Peltzman, Sam, 1976. "Toward a More General Theory of Regulation," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 19(2), pages 211-240, August.
- William F. Sharpe, 1964. "Capital Asset Prices: A Theory Of Market Equilibrium Under Conditions Of Risk," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 19(3), pages 425-442, September.
- Antonios Antoniou & Gioia M. Pescetto, 1997. "The Effect of Regulatory Announcements on the Cost of Equity Capital of British Telecom," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(1), pages 1-26.
- Bos, T & Newbold, P, 1984. "An Empirical Investigation of the Possibility of Stochastic Systematic Risk in the Market Model," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 57(1), pages 35-41, January.
- Chang, Mo Ahn & Thompson, Howard E, 1989. "An Analysis of Some Aspects of Regulatory Risk and the Required Rate of Return for Public Utilities," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 1(3), pages 241-257, September.
- Groenewold, Nicolaas & Fraser, Patricia, 1999. "Time-varying estimates of CAPM betas," Mathematics and Computers in Simulation (MATCOM), Elsevier, vol. 48(4), pages 531-539.
- Blume, Marshall E, 1971. "On the Assessment of Risk," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 26(1), pages 1-10, March.
- Gonedes, Nicholas J., 1973. "Evidence on the Information Content of Accounting Numbers: Accounting-based and Market-based Estimates of Systematic Risk," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 8(3), pages 407-443, June.
- Bey, Roger P., 1983. "Market Model Stationarity of Individual Public Utilities," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 18(1), pages 67-85, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yoshihiko Tsukuda & Tatsuyoshi Miyakoshi & Junji Shimada, 2005. "Dynamic Efficiency in the East European Emerging Markets," Asia-Pacific Financial Markets, Springer;Japanese Association of Financial Economics and Engineering, vol. 12(2), pages 159-179, June.
- Khelifa Mazouz & Michael Bowe, 2009. "Does options listing impact on the time-varying risk characteristics of the underlying stocks? Evidence from NYSE stocks listed on the CBOE," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(3), pages 203-212.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:glofin:v:13:y:2002:i:1:p:39-62. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620162 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.