An event analysis of industrial timberland sales on shareholder values of major U.S. forest products firms
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Randal R. Rucker & Walter N. Thurman & Jonathan K. Yoder, 2005. "Estimating the Structure of Market Reaction to News: Information Events and Lumber Futures Prices," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 87(2), pages 482-500.
- Jensen, Michael C, 1969. "Risk, The Pricing of Capital Assets, and the Evaluation of Investment Portfolios," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 42(2), pages 167-247, April.
- Mei, Bin & Sun, Changyou, 2008. "Event analysis of the impact of mergers and acquisitions on the financial performance of the U.S. forest products industry," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(5), pages 286-294, April.
- Jones, Philip C. & Ohlmann, Jeffrey W., 2008. "Long-range timber supply planning for a vertically integrated paper mill," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 191(2), pages 558-571, December.
- Boardman, Anthony & Vertinsky, Ilan & Whistler, Diana, 1997. "Using information diffusion models to estimate the impacts of regulatory events on publicly traded firms," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(2), pages 283-300, January.
- Brown, Stephen J. & Warner, Jerold B., 1980. "Measuring security price performance," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 205-258, September.
- A. Craig MacKinlay, 1997. "Event Studies in Economics and Finance," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 35(1), pages 13-39, March.
- Fama, Eugene F, 1991. " Efficient Capital Markets: II," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(5), pages 1575-1617, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sun, Changyou, 2013. "Price variation and volume dynamics of securitized timberlands," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 44-53.
- Piao, Xiaorui & Mei, Bin & Zhang, Weiyi, 2017. "Long-term event study of timber real estate investment trust conversions," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 1-9.
- Sun, Changyou & Rahman, Mohammad M. & Munn, Ian A., 2013. "Adjustment of stock prices and volatility to changes in industrial timberland ownership," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 91-101.
More about this item
KeywordsEvent study Industrial timberland sales Shareholder values Capital Asset Pricing Model;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:forpol:v:13:y:2011:i:5:p:396-401. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/forpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.