Approximate value-at-risk calculation for heterogeneous loan portfolios: Possible enhancements of the Basel II methodology
This paper presents three possible methods by which the credit value at risk estimates coming from the Basel II IRB approach can be significantly improved upon. The feasibility of the suggested approaches is substantiated by applying it to an exemplary model portfolio.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Merton, Robert C, 1974.
"On the Pricing of Corporate Debt: The Risk Structure of Interest Rates,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 29(2), pages 449-70, May.
- Merton, Robert C., 1973. "On the pricing of corporate debt: the risk structure of interest rates," Working papers 684-73., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Javier Perote & Esther Brío, 2006. "Positive Definiteness of Multivariate Densities Based on Hermite Polynomials," International Advances in Economic Research, International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 12(3), pages 425-425, August.
- Eric Ghysels & Anders Eriksson Lars Forsberg, 2004.
"Approximating the probability distribution of functions of random variables: A new approach,"
Econometric Society 2004 Far Eastern Meetings
503, Econometric Society.
- Anders Eriksson & Lars Forsberg & Eric Ghysels, 2004. "Approximating the Probability Distribution of Functions of Random Variables: A New Approach," CIRANO Working Papers 2004s-21, CIRANO.
- Natalia Puzanova & Sikandar Siddiqui, 2005. "Default dependence among corporate bond issuers: empirical evidence from time series data," Applied Financial Economics Letters, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 1(5), pages 297-302, September.
- Pavel Okunev, 2005. "Using Hermite Expansions for Fast and Arbitrarily Accurate Computation of the Expected Loss of a Loan Portfolio Tranche in the Gaussian Factor Model," Finance 0506015, EconWPA.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:finsta:v:5:y:2009:i:4:p:374-392. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.