Simultaneous volatility transmissions and spillover effects: U.S. and Hong Kong stock and futures markets
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gourieroux, Christian & Monfort, Alain & Trognon, Alain, 1984. "Pseudo Maximum Likelihood Methods: Theory," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 681-700, May.
- Andrew C. Harvey, 1990. "The Econometric Analysis of Time Series, 2nd Edition," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 2, volume 1, number 026208189x, January.
- King, Mervyn A & Wadhwani, Sushil, 1990. "Transmission of Volatility between Stock Markets," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 3(1), pages 5-33.
- G. Geoffrey Booth & Mustafa Chowdhury & Teppo Martikainen & Yiuman Tse, 1997. "Intraday Volatility in International Stock Index Futures Markets: Meteor Showers or Heat Waves?," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 43(11), pages 1564-1576, November.
- Engle, Robert F. & Kroner, Kenneth F., 1995. "Multivariate Simultaneous Generalized ARCH," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 11(01), pages 122-150, February.
- Bae, Kee-Hong & Andrew Karolyi, G., 1995.
"Good news, band news and international spilovers of stock return volatility between Japan and the U.S,"
Pacific-Basin Finance Journal,
Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 144-144, May.
- Bae, Kee-Hong & Andrew Karolyi, G., 1994. "Good news, bad news and international spillovers of stock return volatility between Japan and the U.S," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 2(4), pages 405-438, December.
- Koutmos, Gregory & Booth, G Geoffrey, 1995. "Asymmetric volatility transmission in international stock markets," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(6), pages 747-762, December.
- Bessembinder, Hendrik & Seguin, Paul J., 1993. "Price Volatility, Trading Volume, and Market Depth: Evidence from Futures Markets," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 28(01), pages 21-39, March.
- Booth, G. Geoffrey & Martikainen, Teppo & Tse, Yiuman, 1997. "Price and volatility spillovers in Scandinavian stock markets," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(6), pages 811-823, June.
- Eun, Cheol S. & Shim, Sangdal, 1989. "International Transmission of Stock Market Movements," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 24(02), pages 241-256, June.
- Gannon, G.L., 1994. "Simultaneous Volatility Effects in Index Futures," Papers 94-1, Melbourne - Centre in Finance.
- Andrew Harvey & Esther Ruiz & Neil Shephard, 1994. "Multivariate Stochastic Variance Models," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 61(2), pages 247-264.
- Karolyi, G Andrew, 1995. "A Multivariate GARCH Model of International Transmissions of Stock Returns and Volatility: The Case of the United States and Canada," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 13(1), pages 11-25, January.
- Theodossiou, Panayiotis, et al, 1997. "Volatility Reversion and Correlation Structure of Returns in Major International Stock Markets," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 32(2), pages 205-224, May.
- Hamao, Yasushi & Masulis, Ronald W & Ng, Victor, 1990. "Correlations in Price Changes and Volatility across International Stock Markets," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 3(2), pages 281-307.
- White, Halbert, 1982. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation of Misspecified Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(1), pages 1-25, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lucey, Brian M. & Muckley, Cal, 2011.
"Robust global stock market interdependencies,"
International Review of Financial Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 215-224, August.
- Brian M Lucey & Cal Muckley, 2011. "Robust Global Stock Market Interdependencies," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp353, IIIS.
- repec:eme:ajempp:ajems-03-2017-0047 is not listed on IDEAS
- Li, Bob & Boo, Yee Ling & Ee, Mong Shan & Chen, Cindy, 2013. "A re-examination of firm's attributes and share returns: Evidence from the Chinese A-shares market," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 174-181.
- Antonakakis, Nikolaos & Floros, Christos & Kizys, Renatas, 2016. "Dynamic spillover effects in futures markets: UK and US evidence," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 406-418.
- repec:eee:finana:v:53:y:2017:i:c:p:94-111 is not listed on IDEAS
- Brännäs Kurt & De Gooijer Jan G. & Lönnbark Carl & Soultanaeva Albina, 2012. "Simultaneity and Asymmetry of Returns and Volatilities: The Emerging Baltic States' Stock Exchanges," Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 16(1), pages 1-24, January.
- Dao, Chi-Mai & Wolters, Jürgen, 2008. "Common stochastic volatility trends in international stock returns," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 431-445, June.
- Koulakiotis, Athanasios & Katrakilidis, Constantinos & Chionis, Dionysios, 2008. "Impact of futures on comovements for UK cross-listed equities," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 145-161, June.
- Kung, Ling-Ming & Yu, Shang-Wu, 2008. "Prediction of index futures returns and the analysis of financial spillovers--A comparison between GARCH and the grey theorem," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 186(3), pages 1184-1200, May.
- Yarovaya, Larisa & Brzeszczyński, Janusz & Lau, Chi Keung Marco, 2016. "Intra- and inter-regional return and volatility spillovers across emerging and developed markets: Evidence from stock indices and stock index futures," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 96-114.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:finana:v:14:y:2005:i:3:p:326-336. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620166 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.